My Fab Followers

Thursday 27 August 2020

Katy Sue Designs Floral Wreath




I  made this wreath using a gorgeous set of  ready die cut flowers from Katy Sue Designs. They''re so nicely cut and so easy to use.  

To make my wreath, I used some large circle dies on some Katy Sue Grey Board - it's construction grade so gives you a really nice firm centre to the wreath.  I then cut out two further wreath shapes in  in white card to cover the greyboard.

Once I'd pressed out the flower layers and leaves  from the sheets, I  inked all the edges with Tea Dye Distress Ink to give them an aged look.  I then spent a little time shaping and curling the petals with a ball tool.  I then made the flowers by layering up the petals remembering to place the petal layers in between each other to give depth to the flowers.  

Before fixing the flowers to the wreath base, I punched a hole at the top and looped in some 
co-ordinating ribbon to hang the wreath.  I then arranged the flowers and leaves until the wreath was filled.


Icy Watercolour - Die Cut Flowers & Leaves (Pack of 12)

As you can see from the picture of the flowers on the sheets, you can really change the feel of your make from cool and pretty to aged and shabby, so they really are versatile and saved on a whole load of punching out  or die cutting flower petals!

Hop on over here to the Katy Sue site to find the flowers.

Juliexx

No comments: