My Fab Followers

Saturday 12 April 2014

Sketch Saturday Guest DT card week 2



My card today is for my second week of my guest DT spot over at Sketch Saturday.
I've used a wonderful image from A Day for Daisies called Water Talk which has been in my stash for ages but has not seen the light of day before- shocking!  

She's coloured with my usual Promarkers and Flexmarkers and teamed up wth Some Alla Prima papers from Prima.  And, because I couldn't make the image round ( as it comes with a square frame around it), I used a Memory Box die to give the illusion of the circle in the sketch. Other dies include another Memory Box die, Wave Border and the little corner die is from the Joanna Sheen Signature range. The flower is a Cheery Lynn die, Sweet William, if my memory serves me right but don't rely on that!
I finished off with some Tulip Pearl Drops in her hair and to frame the image and border.

This week's sponsor is Simon Says Stamp and they have offered an AMAZING prize of a $25 voucher for the lucky winner! Do take a look here for the awesome makes by the Sketch Saturday girls!

I'm off to Ally Pally this morning, so excited, then hope to meet some friends for a late lunch after!  Enjoy your Saturday everyone, and thanks for popping in!

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

My Time to Craft - All at Sea
Crafty Creations - Blues and Yellows

13 comments:

Juls said...

Fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Scrapcat 1 said...

This is so pretty I love the image and the dies you have used to create the shape you wanted.

Debra Miller said...

Pretty card Julie!

Sue said...

Beautiful image and card,love the colours.
Hope you have a lovely day.
Sue

Heidi Brawley said...

I love your Gorgeous card!!! I am a huge fan of Mermaid cards!!!

heidy said...

Gorgeous Julie!!
XXX Heidy

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Julie, I like the design and the colours.
Kevin xx

coops said...

oh wow so gorgeous Julie.fabulous design and colouring and I love the stunning image :D


xx coops xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just stunning hun, love the colours & die cuts you have used.

Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Vannessa said...

This is just gorgeous Julie. Love your colouring. Thanks for being our guest designer again this week.

hugs, Vannessa

Cazro said...

Stunning, amazing and clever mix of colours. Caz

Meighan Wheller said...

Wow stunning card Julie. Beautiful colouring and love the layout and embellishments. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations. All the very best. Meighan DT

Grenouille Greetings said...

I LOVE this card! Your colour work is spot on and the waves die is sooooo perfect. Gorgeous! Love, Lesley