My Fab Followers

Saturday 14 July 2012

Saturated Canary Wedding card - warning, lots of pics!!!

We had a fabulous family wedding yesterday-picture below of the beautiful bride, my niece Annabel with her new husband, Andy and their gorgeous boy, Samuel. 
Another pic of my three lovelies, below, Harry, Emily and Holly and then another of my two gorgeous girls!!

 It was such a lovely, relaxed day, and enjoyed by us all! 
So my card I'm showing you is their wedding card, made with a beautiful Saturated Canary image, Marry Me,  which kind of reminded me of our bride with those big brown eyes. 
I used an 8x8 card blank for my card, so I could add lots of bling, which funnily enough is the theme of the new challenge on the Saturated Canary blog, so I'm entering it into the challenge.  This bit of bling is an old diamante brooch, which once belonged to Annabel's great grandmother, so I thought it would be rather nice on my card. 
I've then used some flowers from Bo Bunny and The Hobby House, and added some resin embellies such as this cherub and some flowers.


I've also added some bling pins and some glitter to the flowers, wooden leaves, and corner flourishes ( which had first been painted with white acrylic). 
I've used lots of edging punches and dies, including this new Meridian border from Memory Box.  The postcard is a Tim Holtz stamp, the music, a Lili of the Valley, and the sentiment, a Cats Life Press. 
The leave flourishes are Cheery Lynn, and the papers a mix of K and Co and Memory Box.  I didn't take a pic but I even made a box for the card, because it was too bulky to go in an envelope.

Thank you to everyone for your get well wishes, I'm feeling so much better now and hope to find some time to come and visit you real soon!!

21 comments:

Rina said...

OMG, this is FANTASTIC! I keep watching the SC challenge blog because I am entered too, and this, OMG THIS is far beyond surperb!

Your newest follower,
Rina Fashionista

June Nelson said...

Wow Julie this is so beautiful darlin, and it sure does bling girl!!! what a stunner!! the wedding photos are gorgeous and what beautiful girls you have there, thanks for joining us this week at SC its great having you darlin huggies June xxxxx

heidy said...

lovely pictures Julie and gorgeous card!
XXX Heidy

Sue said...

oh my goodness, your card is absolutely stunning Julie. I love the image and the colours and detailing are gorgeous
such beautiful photos too, thanks for sharing

Sue

Kirsty said...

Hi Wow she is stunning just like your niece !! I just love all your beautiful embellies !! So many beautiful parts to look at ! So inspired ;0)

Unknown said...

wow Julie this is stunning, an amazing art piece I just luv it and all the beautiful embellies.
Chris x

Liz McGuire, said...

Wow, so much to look at - it's gorgeous. And perfect for the beautiful bride,

Liz x

tilly said...

This is stunning, so much detail and I love that image, pleased the day went well
Tilly

Sandi said...

gorgeous card, what a beautiful bride, both on card and in rl, hugs

McCrafty's Cards said...

Stunning card Julie, such alot of wonderful detail, Congratulations to the happy couple, the photos are lovely.
Kevin xx

marion said...

Stunning card Julie, love it ! Hugs, Marion

Claire said...

Beautiful card hun, love the image and all the gorgeous elements and fab pictures of the wedding too. Hugs, Claire x

Loopylou. said...

hiyah julie!!
oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!! this is just so very stunning and I love all those little embellies you added hun
thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xxx

Daniele said...

totally stunning Julie
hugs

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Julie! Amazing coloring of the beautiful bride and gorgeous details! Glad you are feeling better!

Pam said...

Thanks for ur lively comment hun the wedding n your 3 looked lovely so glad ur feelin better xxx

DebraK said...

Beautiful card! Love the image and all the details!

coops said...

woah nelly missus this is fantastic.i really love all the beautiful details and she is a gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

angelwhispers said...

Wow I'm lost for words this is just divine and wow what great embellishments, design and colours just fabulous I bet the happy couple adored it!!

Loving all the pictures the Bride & groom and their handsome son well what a beautiful little family and your children are all gorgeous! Love Chanelle xxx

Bev said...

Wow this is just stunning! Thanks for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge this time x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow this card turned into a real delight! Of course I knew the image was coloured beautifully because I saw it IRL but the finished creation is gorgeous Julie. I bet Belle and Andy loved it! Hugs, Lesley