My Fab Followers

Saturday 31 October 2009

Comfy Cosy!!

Oh I do love this Whiff of Joy image - love the idea of  a cold winter's day and being curled up with a hot cup of cocoa and red woolly socks on my tootsies!!



The Whiff of Joy challenge this week is to use red, cream and one other colour so I've chosen brown.  I'm also entering this for the Simon Says challenge which is to use as much sparkle as you can handle.  Well I can promise, I used loads from stickles on the flower centres, glamour dust on the sentiment and Copic Spicas on her mug, trousers, jumper and socks!  Sadly this doesn't show up on the photo and I love her red, sparkly mug!  Thirdly, I used the layout from Truly Scrumptious (which I've rotated) this week. In addition to the layout, we had to use, 3 flowers, 3 brads and 3 gems or pearls.

Confession time - I'm not really very happy with this card, can't quite put my finger on it, just don't think it has the X factor, but my daughter said she loved it and preferred it to others which I have been happy with!!!  Ah well!

Papers are from Paper Mania Christmas for this year and I cut the Dahlia with my Nestie shapes using K&Co Winter Wonderland which is so rich and sparkly - been stroking it for hours!!  Brads were from Lakeland, and flowers were a bargain from last year's sale at Primark.

Off to see some friends today for a girlie lunch - and then to chat and put the world to rights eating chocolates and dissing the men!!!  Just what is needed today methinks!  Have a great day whatever you're doing!!
Signature final

7 comments:

Sharon said...

A beautiful card Julie, I love the rich colours you've used. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Susie Sugar said...

Julie this a Stunning card (as always) so rich and warm, one of my fav WoJ stamps
Hugs Susie x

Unknown said...

This is one of my favourite stamps too!! Love the rich colours you have used in your card it looks gorgeous,
hugs Angela x

Unknown said...

Oh Wow!!! That´s fabulous!!!!!!!!! Great work!! I love it! =)

Dawn said...

Wonderful card, love the rich deep colours , great image too

Thanks for joining us on TS

Dawn

Donalda said...

oh hon this is just adorable!!!! Thanks for joining us this week on WOJ.

Rach said...

such a pretty card, beautifully coloured. thank you for joining us at wojcb.xx