My Fab Followers

Saturday 25 March 2017

A 1st birthday card using Baby Fairy Kiki



It was our granddaughter Violet's first birthday recently so I had to make an extra special card for our extra special little one!  I used the gorgeous Baby Fairy Kiki from Mo's Digital Pencil.  I'd already coloured her in with my Promarkers and then decided to put her at  the edge of water using some brilliant new stamps and dies from Marianne Designs.  It was only after I'd masked off Kiki and  stamped up the pond edge that I realised that she was floating in the pond, so had to change the grass into a Lily Pad!  I then added the clouds behind her, again masking her off.  I normally get clouds completely wrong so was really pleased how they turned out.


The dragonfly stamps are part of a stamp set from Marianne which includes the Lily pads and the frogs and dragonfly die cuts from another Marianne set - full deets below the next image.

Marianne Products Used:

Lily Stamp Set - TC0851
Pond Edge stamp Set - TC0835
Dragonfly/Frogs Die set - LR0461
Lily Pad Die set - LR0459
Lacy Doily Die - LR0457
Ribbon Border Die - CR1370

My papers are Lili of the Valley Nitwit papers and the tags and sentiments are from Stampin Up. 
I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Alphabet Challenge - Anything with Wings
Fussy and Fancy - Spring Time
Simply Papercraft - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Punches or Dies
Cute Card Thursday - Spring Fever
I Love Promarkers - Angels/Fairies
Simon Says Stamp - More Than One Die or Punch

 Happy Weekend!

Juliexxx

15 comments:

Martina said...

Oh wow...this is gorgeous!!! What a perfect colouring...I just LOVE the scene and of course the fairy...and the frog...and and and =) Amazing!
Hugs from Martina

Juls said...

Beautiful, amazing colouring xx

Rosette's Cards said...

It is an awesome card Julie :) I can't stop looking at her, What did you use for the clouds?
I just loooove doing clouds, but i have never found anything here locally which makes it easier for me to do them well.. I just do them with Copics

Aunty Sue said...

Totally awesome and love the clouds

Aunty Sue said...

Totally awesome and love the clouds

Aunty Sue said...

Totally awesome and love the clouds

Chrissy said...

A real little stunner Julie...gorgeous colouring and fabulous scene you created..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Diane said...

What a darling little imp she is and a gorgeous design, too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Fussy and Fancy!
Diane FAF DT
{Nellies Nest}

*Vicki* said...

What a really adorable card and image!! I love all of the wonderful details on your design! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous card Julie! I love that sweet image and your coloring is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Lin said...

Absolutely darling, Julie, sure did make me smile! A wonderful mix of dies, too - thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Tamie said...

Your coloring and talent is simply phenomenal. Your card is full of wow factor and should be framed. Your granddaughter is lucky to have such a talented grandma. I love the dies you used as well. So glad you joined us. Thank you so much for sharing you lovely inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Dies or punches challenge.

Tamie DT

Julie B said...

A gorgeous little scene made all the more special with the addition of the die cuts.
Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge blog. :)

Huny said...

This is so beautiful. I have done this one many times myself, I own just three actual stamps from Mo so can use different mediums. However, I do have many digis .... actually rather a lot!

Sandy said...

Oh Julie, I falled in love with this little cutie! Soooo sweet <3
You make a perfect Scene vor this little Kiki, A really great Card!
Hugz