My Fab Followers

Sunday 8 November 2009

Sketch Saturday No 76

Another great sketch this week from the ladies at Sketch Saturday and as I had to make an engagement card
thought it would be perfect.  Here's the sketch:



and here's my card:


 This image is a beautiful  freebie from Inger.  She uploaded another freebie Christmas girl the other day and this reminded me of this little image which I thought would be fab for a winter engagement card I needed. Coloured with promarkers, papers are a combo of Basic Grey and Papermania.  Ribbon is from stash - I used my new bow-easy which I got from Quixotic Paperie and it really does produce a great shaped bow with as many loops as you'd like!!.
Signature final

16 comments:

carol said...

what a fab card, the image looks cute, x carol

Neenie said...

Gorgeous card, fab image and great colouring. I love the bow and just knew you'd used a Bow-Easy!! I've just bought one and am waiting for my lovely postie to deliver it.x :)

aardvarkpest said...

Sweet card. Fab image and colouring.

Glenda

Pam said...

This is lovely, the ribbon is fab. Hugs Pm, x

Dena said...

Another beauty Julie! You are just cranking them out!!! Of course I love your coloring and what a perfect bow! Someone will cherish this card! Hugs, Dena
P.S. It's nice getting to know you a little better through the questions.

Inger Harding said...

Thank you Julie for showing "my" image in your blog. Your coloring is sooo beautiful!!!
Love your card!!

Inger :o)

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, beautiful colours and sweet image too.
luv
Debby

Hanne said...

This is such a sweet card! The coloring is really beautiful!
Hanne

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is lovely, Julie. The colours are beautiful! Inger is so generous with her images and they are gorgeous! Lesley x

Tara said...

Your card is amazing Julie, gorgeous image and the bow looks stunning!
Hope you can make the NEC next year.... there's one in March?
Hugs Tara xx

Julie Ranae said...

Julie ~ I think we need to start our own 'Julie' club! Thank you for leaving such kind and FUN comments over at The Open Window.

Your cards are just so beautiful and I always love all the color....

pickle said...

A stunning card Love how you have layered the image onto the pattern oval and your colouring is superb
Kerry x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow fabulous card beautiful image and papers ,love it
hugs Dawnxxx

Jeanette said...

OMG! This is totally sweet and elegant! Love this card!
Hugs Jeanette :)

Oma said...

Gorgeous card! Like you, I love my bow easy!

Elaine said...

This is lovely, Julie! And YAY Bow-Easy. Can't stop using mine, LOL! I always used to avoid bows if possible...now I can't stop adding them...