My Fab Followers

Tuesday 12 January 2016

21st Card for My daughter using Paperbabe Stamps



Our beautiful youngest daughter. Emily, turned 21 on Sunday and this is the card I made for her using a mix of stamps and templates from Paperbabe stamps. I bought them ages ago but this is the first time I've plucked up the courage to use them as I felt a bit daunted.  So, I followed a tutorial that I found in a magazine last year that took the fear factor away!  The way the stamps work where you can combine an endless variety of features/hair are fabulous so you'd always end up with a new face/profile! The sentiment stamps are a mix of Tim Holtz and Impression Obsession and the words on her hair are also from Tim Holtz.  Em is studying Art at Camberwell School of Arts and also works at a Gallery, so this all seemed rather apt.  
We had a lovely weekend in London celebrating, including Miss Saigon on Saturday night, which was awesome as ever, and a small gathering for family and friends that were in London on Sunday.
Awful thing is I haven't got any decent pics of Em on the day so can't post one here!
I'm entering my card into the current Paperbabe Challenge which is anything goes!

Happy Birthday lovely girl!xxx
Juliexxx


2 comments:

Kim Costello said...

Well Julie,

I am so delighted you decided to have a go, your card is stunning and your daughter should love it! I will be making more tutorials this year so I hope it helps to break through any creative fears!!! So far it's brilliant!

Thank you for sharing and entering in our challenge, enjoy a wonderfully creative day!
HuGs Kim x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow! This is super cool, Julie! I have some nice photos of Emily's day. You can copy them to your tablet when you come if it has a USB port or card reader. Hugs, Lesley