My Fab Followers

Wednesday 24 October 2012

Boo! Spooked You Challenge at Whiff of Joy.

Today's card is for our new challenge at Whiff of Joy Challenges and as Halloween is so close, our theme for this challenge is Boo Spooked You! Before I tell you about my card, I also need to tell you about our new home - over on the Whiff of Joy World of Ideas blog - all the wonder of WOJ in one place! Sadly our fabulous Jane has stepped down from the challenge as she is starting to study - will really miss you Jane, loved working with you on WOJ Challenges!!

I don't do many Halloween cards, and so don't have any WOJ images suited to the spook fest.  I therefore had to put my thinking hat on and decided to use this little gnome who is usually pulling a heart along in his little cart, he's called Delivering My Heart to You.  I masked off the heart so it didn't show on my stamped image, and then stamped the pumpkins into the cart, which came from a WOJ Autumn Kit.
Delivering my heart to you
So, not very frightening, but nontheless getting his pumpkins ready for the spookiest night of the year!

My papers are Memory Box, Blackbird, the twigs are cut with a couple of Tim Holtz dies, and the sentiment is Cat's Life Press.  My pumpkin in the tree is a Martha Stewart punch.  I love the little wooden mushrooms which I've coloured up with some Distress Ink, I've added a couple of skeleton leaves, some spooky netting and that was me done!

Whiff of Joy are sponsoring this challenge to the tune of 15% off their next order for the lucky winner of the challenge!!


You can check out the rest of my teamies fabulous cards at our new home here!

16 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi Julie fabulous card I love the image which is coloured beautifully and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

Doreen said...

Hi Julie. Your card is gorgeous and looks great with the pumkins instead of the heart.
Hugs
Doreen xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Julie. I love that cute image and your detailing is wonderful

Hugs Sue

marion said...

You have been so creative with this stamp, love it. Excellent card. hugs, Marion

Dunja Trautmann said...

wow, your card is gorgeous Julie, i love, how you add the pumpkins :)
the mushrooms are also great.

wish you a happy day :)

Huge hugs
Dunja xx

Carla S. said...

Very cute and creative card, Julie! The image is adorable and you've colored it wonderfully! Great details!

Donna said...

Adorable card Julie, fab detail and gorgeous Autumnal colours :) Donna ♥ x

Daniele said...

what a lovely card, love the mesh effect behind the image, love background details, such a sweet image
hugs

coops said...

so stunning julie.your design is brilliant and i love the image and rich colours ;D

xx coops xx

Lou said...

Hi! oh I love this soooo much,it truly is gorgeous**Julie- your image is really sweet and love what you did with the pumpkins :)))))
the perfect detail too,hugs Lou.xxxx

Janet - aka stacky said...

So clever of you Julie it looks brilliant, I love all the added detail too xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Your clever masking makes this a perfect autumn image and I love your spooky bits, especially the tree! I've gone mad on Halloween stuff this trip although I'm not quite sure what I intend to do with it all especially as I will have so little time! Have a wonderful trip!!! Hugs, Lesley

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julie.


Hugs Riet.xx

Christa said...

Hi Julie , I like your card very much !! It is such a lovely stamp. Great job to change the heart for the pumpkins. Christa.

Pysselbus said...

Gorgeous card!! Love how you've used a non-Halloween image and made it "halloweeny"... The details look great as well as the coloring!!

Hugs
Linda

XxJULESxX said...

Totally gorgeous Julie!