My Fab Followers

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Photo Inspiration at Passion for Promarkers

Tuesday again and so time for our next challenge at Passion for Promarkers and my turn to pick the theme.  I decided to go with some photo inspiration - I just love this little bag!!

I think there's loads of inspiration to pick from here, it could be the colours, the flowers, the shape - as long as you use either your Promarkers or your Aquamarkers!  Our sponsor this week is Sugar Nellie and you could win 3, yes 3 Sugar Nellie stamps of your choice!!!

Don't forget to check back over at Passion for Promarkers later to see who Tracy has chosen as her top picks and the lucky prize winner from last week's challenge - so many gorgeous Sweet Treat cards!

I've actually made two cards to show you this week, both exactly the same image but one coloured with Promarkers and one coloured with Aquamarkers just to show you the different finish that you achieve with each type of marker.  I've used this absolutely gorgeous image (well half of) from Sugar Nellie called Christmas Dress Up and the little girlies are just so cute and dinky.  The other half of the image is a little girl dressed as a Christmas Pudding!!  I couldn't fit her in with the photo but this does show that you get three different images with this stamp - two singles and one both together!!!

Promarkers

Aquamarkers
I think the main difference between the two markers is that the PMs give you a much brighter finish but I love both types and it means you get so much versatility!  I made my card bases by using my largest scalloped circle nestie but not quite cutting the whole circle. 

Don't forget to take a peek at the cards made by my fabulous teamies over at PFP - I wish I'd made each and every one!!  See you through the week to see lots of your gorgeous makes!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Annie said...

Really love that little bag.....I may just be inspired to make a little bag like it :-) What a clever design. Love your cards too and have to say I prefer the promarker one because of it's brighter colours :-)
A x

Grenouille Greetings said...

2 Cool makes, Julie - very apt for the challenge! I think, with this image, I prefer the Promarker brighter finish but both are coloured beautifully and your little design elements including the ribbon handle are inspired! Love Lesley

coops said...

2 fantastic cards julie.the image is really sweet and a great shaped card.i love the photo you have chosen.i love the effect of both pros but think the normal ones just have the edge for me, the colours are more vibrant :)

xx coops xx

Kathleen said...

beautiful cards julie - i have to say i prefer the look of the PM one but i think that's because that image is calling out for bright christmassy colours.
Kathleen Mc xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Gorgeous cards sis, the colours really pop out at you, so bright and cheerful :) xxx

Debs said...

hey chick..both cards look fabulous!!...and great photo inspiration..defo made me think this week!!...

hugs Debs x