My Fab Followers

Saturday 10 July 2010

Bluebell girl for the Sugar Bowl!!

Hi everyone

Hot enough for you!!  Too hot for me and have hidden out in my craft room this afternoon to make this card using the Sugar Bowl current sketch from Judy (which I've rotated.  I've used this fabby little lovely from Sugar Nellie and coloured her in blue tones with my Promarkers.

I cut her out with nesties and then while it was still in the frame, shaded with chalk so that the white edging was left.  Papers are KaizerKraft, and Garden Party from DCWV.  Flowers are cut with the EK success retro flower and finished off with some new blooms (aster daisies?) from Wild Orchid.  Oh and the extra from the Sugar Bowl is to use scallops which are on my doily, below the image (with Martha Stewart punch) and also a little on the DP

Off to get a little sun now - hopefully it will be a little cooler.  And then- shall we or shall we not go and see the new Twilight tonight......?
Photobucket

11 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Julie,love the cool blue.
Sue

Unknown said...

Loving the blues a gorgeous card and she is a really sweet image, Lucky you with all the hot weather it hasnt stopped raining here today.
Christine x

CraftyC said...

Sweet card Julie, a lovely colour combo. Me, I love the warm weather and have been spending every possible second in the garden working on a tan Eaten into my craft time but I just love this warm weather. Enjoy the film if you go!
Clairexx

Dena said...

Julie! This is so pretty! Love the color and your gorgeous flowers!!!
I bet it's not as hot as Houston!!! You should try this heat! Wowza!
Have a wonderful weekend sweetie!
Dena

coops said...

beautiful card julie, the image is fab and i love the colours and papers and the flowers are gorgeous.
its been so hot here but no sun, just grey and overcast.the sun is out this morning though so hope to get something done today :)
xx coops xx

Lilian said...

Wow! Your card is just gorgeous! Lovin the blues :) Thanks for joining the Sugar Bowl Challenge!

Heather said...

Gorgeous card Julie, love that gorgeously coloured bluebell girl, fab papers and scrumptious details.
hugs Heather xx

Julie said...

A very pretty card, Julie, lovely colouring.

Mina said...

gorgeous card Julie, I love those fresh blues and your beautifully coloured image
Mina xxx

XxJULESxX said...

oh! gorgeous card Julie!i love the colour,i love to look in your blog!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

This card is sooo pretty with all of the lovely blue tones and the pretty design elements! Lovely, Julie! Love Lesley x