My Fab Followers

Wednesday 16 June 2010

Basic Grey - fab colour scheme!!/WOYWW


When I saw the colour scheme over on Basic Grey - turquoise, brown and cream - this week, set by Heather, I knew I had to have a go!!  I always think of this combo as Heather's signature colours too and I'm not surprised- it is just so nice! 
I bought this super cute image by Stamping Bella, Issie with a Brellie, at the Craft Barn- I was given a voucher to spend there for my birthday - I was in clover!!  I've coloured her with my promarkers and then used Basic Grey papers from the new Cappella pad and another (but can't remember which one!).  The flower is a K&Co I've had in my stash and the sentiment is Whiff of Joy.  Oh and the flourish edge punch is one that my bestest friend, Lesley bought me for my birthday (amongst lots of other lovely goodies).


Also just a quick piccie of my desk as it's WOYWW - I've left a trail of destruction behind after making this card.  Will try and get round a few desks as I do love a nose, but it's such a global phenomenon now that I do struggle - Soz!! 
Photobucket

20 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Just visit a few - no-one minds! They're happy to see ya! Lovely card - this colour combo is great in your hands...I feasr a muddy puddle in mine..am so not very good at browns.

Julie M said...

Love this card, Julie - one of my favourite colour combinations too. And my desk ends up the same, stuff piles around in a circle in the midst of a project. I have to tidy before the next one, though!

Julie :o)

Annie said...

Lovely card. Don't worry about not getting round all. We are just pleased to see you when you can.
A x

Lavinia said...

Love your desk! And i love the little pink tote with your bits & bobs in! The card is beautiful! Brill colour combo! Thanks for sharing!
Lavinia
x

Sid said...

Fab colours and card !

Unknown said...

Hi Julie - desk looks suitably creative - which is good cos you made a great card...

Paula x x x

Debbie Dolphin said...

beautiful julie.The stamping bella is cute. I love the bg capella its gorgeous.I used that too on the same challenge it was perfect. xx
love debbie x

coops said...

fantastic card julie, the image is so cute and fabulous colouring and colour combo.i love your layout and the gorgeous flowers.luv coops.xx

Anonymous said...

Great workspace and I love your card. S x

Heather said...

Hi Hun, glad you liked my colour choice at BG this week, must say you did it proud with this fabulous card. Gorgeous beautifully coloured image, great layout and stunning details.
You've got a way to go before you beat my trails of destruction on your workdesk, tee-hee, mine spreads itself around the whole house, even found stamps in my bathroom before now.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Basic Grey.
hugs Heather xx

Spyder said...

beautiful card Julie and your deck is full of lovely things to snoop!
(lyn)

Sunshine Girl said...

What a fab workspace - lovely card too!

Candace said...

wow such a fabulous card, well done you

Hugs Can x

Hazel (Didos) said...

I don't think you have left a trail of destruction, the desk looks great to me. Thanks for popping by mine Hazelxox
P. S Oops meant to say, love the card its stunning the colours are brill x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Stunning image, pefectly coloured. Beautiful layout and fabulous papers. This is a real treat! Love it! Love you! Lesley x

Alex said...

Beautiful! I love the colour scheme and your beautiful paper choices!
Love, Alex

Unknown said...

its brill, do you not loose anything out that window ??? brill card and love the desk xx

Tara Godfrey said...

WOW! WOW! WOW Just adore this card to bits, hun! You have made such a sweet card and the BG papers you picked are just perfect for this colour combo and for this little cutie. You've coloured Izzie flawlessly Just love the sentiment that you used...well, I love everything about this card...makes me want to put a few Izzie's in a shopping cart,lol!
Hugs,t

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card, adorable image and love the colour combo.
Hugs Emma x

Alison Horne said...

That is the cutest stamp, and great colouring.x