My Fab Followers

Saturday 15 May 2010

Summer's here!!


Well on my blog anyway!!  This is my entry for Passion for Promarkers this week (challenge 51) who have a theme of Strawberries and Cream - yum!!  I have a bit of problem using red promarkers  as the colour is so deep and I find it hard to get the light and shade just so!  Have to say that I was thrilled with the strawberry here (hence the close up LOL!). 
 This is another of the Slapstick range from Penny Black - I adore these images and had to buy this one - it so reminds me of my big sis when we were little!!  The colouring didn't go quite so well here and have covered up my atrocious colouring of her dress and bow with paper-piecing!!  That's why I was pleased with the strawberry!!
 The strawberry is a Magnolia accessory stamp, sentiments are from a big K&Co box that I bought years ago and paper is Basic Grey Nook and Pantry. As my flower is home-made I can also enter this into the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week.

Thank you for all your birthday wishes for my Holly yesterday-she did like her card and book!!  She's having a BBQ  late this afternoon, so fingers crossed the sun comes out!!
Photobucket

19 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julie, what a pretty card. The image is so cute and the paper piecing looks amazing. I have to say you should be pleased with your strawberry as your colouring is AWESOME!!!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Annie said...

What a gorgeous summery design.
A x

kay said...

what a fabby card,love your strawberry,x

Lizzy said...

WOW this is gorgeous, fab image..coloured beautifully ~ luv the colours...your strawberry is ace & your flower is fantastic xx Lizzy xx :)

Suzanne said...

Julie this is stunning and I want to eat that strawberry. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs Sue :o)

Andrea said...

What a beautiful card - your colouring is amazing, especially your strawberry!
Love, Andrea xx

Judi said...

Lovely card Julie, and that strawberry looks good enough to eat.

Hugs - Judi xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Wow Julie, your card is stunning love the paper piecing and your strawberry looks yummy, what colours did you use. Debs xx

Dena said...

I agree with you Julie, this range of stamps are so cute. I have the little boy with the kite!
You did such a great job with this, reds are so hard sometimes. Fantastic coloring!!!
Hugs, Dena

coops said...

wow stunning card julie.your colouring is fantastic and i love the image.the strawberry looks good enough to eat.glad your daughter had a fab day and i hope the weather was ok for the barbecue.luv coops.xx

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Julie. Fabulous colouring of the sweet image and love the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

angelwhispers said...

Love the card Julie!!! The image is just so beautiful and really takes you back to childhood, love the colours and the papers are fab. Love Chanelle xx

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the images & details.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

Tracy said...

Stunning card, and fabulous colouring.
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is gorgeous, Julie! You're right - it's a great strawberry! Your paper piecing looks fab and the whole card suits the strawberries and cream theme perfectly. Lovely! Lesley x

Hearts Turned said...

What an adorable card, Julie...love all the detail and your coloring is perfect!

Hope you're having a wonderful night!

Chris said...

Fantastic card Julie and I adore these vintage PB images, this one particularly, I used to look like that too when I was a kid LOL! Gorgeous colouring errrr paper piecing :D, well done on the cover up and I agree your strawberry is amazing! Glad your DD had a good birthday and liked her card and book, I think they're absolutely gorgeous too. Take care, Chris x

Sandra said...

OOOo Strawberries and cream.... totally scrummy, as is your delightful card. Love it!!
Hugs
Sandra x

Laura (Faerielore) said...

this card is gorgeous hun and the strawberry looks FAB !!!! also love the paper peicing hun xxxx