My Fab Followers

Saturday 22 August 2009

Water colouring with distress ink

Hiya - just got a few minutes before X-Factor!

Alex demo'd this method of colouring last Saturday when she was here - where you stamp the image and then drag the colour in from the stamped edges (gently, so as not to blur them) to give this beautiful effect. I thought I'd really got the hang of this and here is the card I made. However, I've tried it a few more times and cannot get it right again. Anyhow,I was rather pleased with this first attempt!


Thanks for visiting me!

Juliexxx
Papers and flower: Basic Grey - Boxer
Ink - Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Lace and embellies from stash.

2 comments:

Laura (Faerielore) said...

WOW Julie this is stunning !!!! i love the way you have coloured this image its really effective and the papers and layout are gorgeous xxx

Kathleen said...

This is gorgeous Jules. Love it! Where are you going wrong with the technique? Can only advise a damp brush to drag out colour then add extra colour for shadow. To remove colour, brush from the lighter area outwards towards the colour.
Kathleen x