My Fab Followers

Tuesday 2 April 2013

Passion for Promarkers Fantasy - Fairies and Mermaids

Sorry I'm so late posting my DT card for PFP today!  We had a lovely day down at Priory Farm to see where the Craft Barn had relocated to!  Such a great location - sadly for me they were still fitting out the new premises, and although we could look round, a lot of their stock was still in boxes - probably just as well with the hubster in tow but I did manage to buy one or two items!!
Back to my card and our theme at PFP as chosen by our lovely Cathy is Fantasy - so anything such as fairies,  mermaids, dragons etc!  
I used these two  gorgeous Crafts and Me images of the Moon Swing and Noon Fairy and merged them together. The images were chosen by my sister for a card she asked me to make for her daughter Hannah's 21st.  The  other requirements were to use red, and also to incorporate the sentiment which has a special meaning for my sister and Hannah.  Hannah also studied vetinary nursing at college so all the little woodland creatures seemed appropriate - they have a house full of animals too!!

When I sent the card up to my sister, she was really worried when she called to say that she'd received it but thought the postie may have torn it putting it through the mail box!  I was sort of relieved to explain that it was a design feature with a little heart tucked behind as you can see below! Other elements that I used included Memory Box heart dies, and some PTI flourish dies and stamps. There are also some Marianne Anja Rose corner and border dies.  Most of the other bits and pieces are from stash.

The papers are 7 Gypsies Lyon 12 x 12 papers.

Our sponsors this week at PFP are Letraset who are offering the lucky winner a set of the new Promarkers  Collection set.

Letraset Logo

You can check out the DT cards here - gorgeous they are!!

15 comments:

Lou said...

Hi! wow this really is a gorgeous card Julie,love your design and the image is so pretty too.
Lots of amazing detail which makes it even more special and will be loved i am sure.
Hope you had a great Easter,just need Spring now lol!!
hugs Lou.xxx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow! This is LOVELY! Your colouring is first class, Julie and your design is STUNNING! Beatiful floral display, Lovely flourishes, georges die cut elements and I love the little torn bit with the pretty paper poking through! I bet your niece adored this card! Hugs, Lesley

Sue said...

WOW!!! This totally stunning Julie. I love the image, amazing colouring and such gorgeous detailing with that special sentiment.
Hugs Sue xx

Mrs A. said...

I don't know where to start! This is so lovely. So much to take in. Your colouring is super and all the elements of the card work brilliantly together. Love it. Hugs Mrs a.

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Julie - love the beautifully coloured image and so many pretty elements and papers too. Hugs, Claire x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Julie, the image is coloured perfectly and I like the embellishments.
Kevin xx

Ella's Design said...

Great DT card, Julie! Love your combination of images, coloured brilliantly and soft vintage feel. Fab papers and such pretty details...I'm sure it will be well received! Lisa x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Daniele said...

wow wow
hugs

coops said...

so stunning julie.really love your fabulous colours and details and the image is so gorgeous :D

xx coops xx

Loopylou. said...

swoon this is gorgeous Julie, I love all the layers and the torn bit
huge hugs Lou xxx

Shelly said...

Hi Julie! Your card is so so pretty, I love the colours, you've really captured 'fantasy', fantastic! xx

kay said...

This is truly gorgeous, love all the different elements and layout , bet she loves it x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Absolutely beautiful Julie I love the merged images and your fabulous colouring, I bet Hannah will be thrilled to receive such a beautiful personalised card xx

Anonymous said...

Oh Julie, this is really adorable sweetie!! Love your coloring and the detailed layout here!! Thanks so much for stopping by my friend!! HUGS :)