My Fab Followers

Wednesday 20 January 2010

Quick Last minute card



My daughter needed a 21st card in a hurry and didn't want anything cute!  For some reason she doesn't like any of the Tildas, Moonlight Whispers, Gorgeous Girls or Miss Anyas which I love!!  Anyway, this is just about the first stamp I ever bought which I stamped onto watercolour card and coloured with Distress Inks, as well as distressing the edges with same.  The flourishes are from Autumn Leaves and the sentiment I punched out using Stampin Up oval punches - these are sooooo useful!!!  Ribbon and flowers are from stash. Oh and the background DP is Basic Grey Wisteria.

Think I'm going to enter this into the Quixotic Paperie challenge this week that is asking us to use one of our old stamps - well, you can't get much older than this one!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

Grenouille Greetings said...

Please bring this stamp with you when you come to play! It's lovely! Brilliant card, Julie. Love the colours and the flourishes! Love Lesley

Mina said...

it may be an old stamp but its a gorgeous one Julie...lush colours...thank you so much for your Birthday wishes
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

Julie this is gorgeous, I love the distressed look ( i just can't seem to gett it right myself!!)Great colours
Yvonne

gina g said...

Hi Darlin This is beautiful and i think the stamped image is gorgeous, beautiful colours too. Thank you so much for my gorgeous birthday card. Take care luv gina xx

Pam said...

Fab card hon, love the stamp, I'm with your daughter on the tildas I succummed to pressure when started making cards and bought 2, used them so little I gave them away!

Hugs Pam

Leann said...

This is STUNNING Julie - love it!
Hugs x