My Fab Followers

Monday 25 January 2010

Cheeky Chester - or the Artful Dodger in my world!!


I love this image of Chester from the latest Moonlight Whisper release from Kraftin Kimmie - he's so cheeky!  He reminds me of  Jack Wild as the Artful Dodger in Oliver Twist - one of my most favourite films from my childhood!  I ws hoping that I could make him look slightly more urchin-like but he does he look as though he could be going to a wedding!!
 
I've used this week's sketch from Pink Elephant, challenge 50  (poops,missed the deadline!)which also fitted in well with the Kraftin Kimmie, challenge 14 brief of no embellishments!! I know, I recoiled in horror too, but then I thought this might be ok for a male card. To offset the lack of decor, I tried to make the papers look interesting, with distressing and layering.  Used my Martha Stewart cornice punch for the outer edges of the central strip then embossed and sanded the inner White Co'redinations strip with the Cuttlebug Happy Birthday folder.  Finally, I produced the sentiment on my PC so it would fit in with my Artful Dodger aspirations!  I'm also going to enter the Stamp Something  Funny Something's challenge which asked for something that makes you giggle or smile - well it made me laugh!!  ( My children always say that I'm the only one to laugh at my jokes!)  The little watch image comes with Chester.  Papers are from Papermania Jessie Edwards set, 7 Gypsies and Basic Grey.
Photobucket

8 comments:

Dena said...

Wow, no embellishment!!! That is HARD! I love this though and it really does show your fabulous coloring of this little guy. You colored that hat fantastic with the highlighting, great work! I really like your paper choice too, great for man card!
Hugs, Dena

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Fabulous job, Julie!! Cheeky Chester looks awesome and what a perfect card for a guy! Thanks for taking on our tough challenge this week!! Haha!

Laura (Faerielore) said...

LOVE IT !!!! i love these image and i thought exactly the same thing when i saw this image hes definately a cheeky little chap xxx

Liza said...

A wonderful card Julie, great colouring of your image.

Liza x

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh how dapper, Chester looks,Julie! WOW you have a fabulous card, here! I just love the sentiment that is brilliant,hun! Gorgeous papers and border punches and for a cards with NO embellies, you sure did manage a lot of detail on this card and I just love it!
Thanks so much for joining the KKS Challenge this week!
Hugs,t

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is brilliant Julie. Love the colouring and the sentiment (see how easy word processing is) AND your blog was up at the top of my list so I knew you had posted for once!
Love Lesley

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

tanjaak said...

Hi! Great card. Thanks for joining us in the fun at Stamp Something this week.
hugs,Tanja