My Fab Followers

Thursday 28 November 2013

Lavinia Stamps - a new addiction!

I've finally succumbed to the fabulous Lavinia Stamps and this is my first card using this technique!  I just love all the little elements you can buy to make up your scene and it makes a change not to colour up an image first!  
I wasn't going to do the embelllishment thing with this card, but was actually pleased I did, as I like the overall effect.
I finished off with a Punch a round the Page set from Martha Stewart.
I made the card for my younger sister whose birthday was this week - the first since her husband passed earlier this year and the moon has special significance for her and her family, so I wanted to reference that.  
Such a difficult time still, and she is doing amazing!!

6 comments:

Sue said...

This is stunning Julie. A truly beautiful design using those gorgeous images. The colours and detailing is wonderful.
I am sure your sister was so touched to receive such a special card.
hugs Sue xx

Unknown said...

Stunning card!it would be one of those i wouldnt want to give away but it sounds like yr sister needs this .its really lovely xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous and the added embellishments are fabulous and fit perfectly.
luv
Debby

coops said...

wow this is beautiful julie.the scene is magical and i love all your pretty details and colours :D

xx coops xx

Rosietoes said...

Gorgeous card Julie. Love the colours and the wonderful atmosphere you have created. x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Spectacular, Julie! The pansy edge and the magnificent floral embellishments so enhance your beautifully inked background. You nailed that! Is the scenery Lavinia too? I didn't spot you buying it!!! Hugs, Lesley