My Fab Followers

Saturday 16 November 2013

Basic Grey Challenges Cold and Frosty

Morning and a Happy Saturday to you.  Can't believe that this time last week we woke up in sunny and warm San Francisco ready for our  journey home!  It's certainly cold and frosty here compared to San Fran!  Apparently it's their rainy season now but we didn't see a drop -  just lovely clear skies and warm, sunny days.  Quite funny looking at all their Christmas decorations in the sun! 
On to today's card and it's for our new challenge at Basic Grey Challenges where we have a theme of Cold and Frosty for you.  I struggled this week, what with jet lag, a heavy cold and being busy  at work, so decided to use one of the ready coloured images from a Lili of the Valley Christmas Art Pad. For me colouring an image is usually a big part of my card making, so I felt I was cheating (myself) but you know, I still put in a fair amount of time making the card.  
I also decided to kick off the frosty theme by covering the image with some transparent stardust embossing powder and I don't know if I'd have had the courage to do that if I'd spent a couple of hours colouring the image!  Especially as you get this effect where the image becomes very soft and muted - good for hiding any colouring mistakes though!
 
I cut out the card blank and frames with Go Kreate Frilly dies and then stardust embossed one of the frames which I then layered onto Basic Grey Lime Rickey Blue Moon 12x12 papers. I then added some clear twinkly embossing powder to the tree, deer fence and stars, and also over the sentiment to complete the cold and frosty vibe. The sentiment is from Cat's Life Press, and the various dies are Tim Holtz, Marianne and Whiff of Joy.  The chiffon roses are from the Hobby House. 
As always, our terrific sponsor is Simon Says Stamp who are again offering their very generous prize of a $25 dollar voucher to the lucky winner of the challenge.

Check out the rest of the Cold and Frosty fab makes from the rest of the BG DT here!

I've got a bit of shopping to do today, a bit of cardmaking, a lot of tidying up to do in my craft room and a lot of eagerly waiting for my youngest, Emily who returns from her three months travelling around Europe tomorrow!  Can't wait to see her and give her the biggest hug!

7 comments:

Sue said...

Your card is just stunning,love the frosty image and design.
Have the best weekend x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Julie, love the frame and all the sparkle on the image. Hugs, Claire x

coops said...

so stunning julie.the sparkle over the image looks beautiful and gorgeous colours :D

xx coops xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Julie, I like the sweet image and the embellishments.
Kevin xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Hey Girlfriend. Great to speak with you today! This is lovely, lovely, lovely. A great idea to use the embossing sparkle on the pre-coloured image. I agree that it would be just too scary to try it on one we'd coloured ourself and I LURVE your pretty embellishments. I keep forgetting my TH dies. Give Em a hug from me! Love Lesley

MIE(Mieko) said...

Gorgeous card Julie. I love all the embellishments.
Mieko xx

Heather said...

A beautiful card Julie, such a sweet image it really does look stunning with the embossing Stardust powder!!
Gorgeous detailing!!!
Hope you've got over your jet lag!!

hugs
Heather xx