My Fab Followers

Monday 22 April 2013

Howdy Y'all - SNS Challenge 112 - Distressing


Well, Howdy to y'all!  We  have a new challenge starting today at Sketch N Stash,  and it was my turn to choose the optional theme to go with the sketch below, so I chose Distressing.
I've used this rootin' tootin' cutie from Mo's Digital Pencil called Howdy which you can find here.  I've coloured her with Pro and Flexmarkers and layered her up with some My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody papers which even match in name!!  The papers are the item that have been in my stash for a while.
I also added some chicken wire edging around the image and over one of the mats for that extra country feel!  The star banner is a Whiff of Joy Die, and the scrabble tiles, I managed to track down in WH Smith of  all places just before Christmas.
Crafty Individuals are our wonderful sponsors for this fortnight's challenge and you can see a pic of their brilliant prize just below


Take a peek here for the rest of the SNS team's fabulous creations for this challenge.
Hope you have a good week - at least we finally  had some gorgeous sunshine over the weekend!

19 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Julie, I like the adorable image, the colours and the star bunting.
Kevin xx

Sue said...

WOW!!! This is wonderful Julie. I love that image, gorgeous papers and such fabulous detailing. I particularly like the Scrabble tiles.
hugs Sue xx

Dena said...

Julie! You rock! This is awesome!! Love the color combo you used and how cute is that polka dot bandana?! Love it!!!
Have a great day sweetie!
Dena

Sharon Caudle said...

LOOOVE this card!!! Gorgeous coloring, amazing detailing, I could go on and on. Fantastic!!!
hugs, Sharon

Claire said...

This is brilliant Julie - love the image and fabby layout. Hugs, Claire x

heidy said...

Fabolous card Julie and great minds think alike lol!!
XXX Heidy

Daniele said...

what a stunning creation, you produce the most wonderful cards and this is no exception, lovely image and love the scrabble tiles
hugs

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card Julie, love the image and the colours..Hugs Lozzy x

Janet - aka stacky said...

Your card is gorgeous Julie I love the image and you have coloured it so beautifully, I love all the fantastic details you have added too xx

Louise said...

Brilliant card and coloured beautifully.
Louise xx

Bridie said...

Fabulous card, I love the papers and the lovely muted plus red color combo you've chosen.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant card Julie and its sooooo cute too.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so gorgoeus julie.really love your fab design and distressing and your cowgirl is stunning :D

xx coops xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow.. Julie.. this card is amazing!

would you offer bloglovin?
i want to follow your blog!!!
i love your style

Heather said...

Hi Julie, such an adorable card, a fabulous design and great colours. Your Howdy is stunning and such brilliant details!!

hugs
Heather xx

Doreen said...

simply stunning Julie.
Fab image and details
Have a nice day
HUgs
Doreen xx

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card. Love the scrabble pieces.
Hugs
Jayne

XxJULESxX said...

oh amazing card Julie, love that image and your colouring and all the elements!

Emilie said...

Gorgeous card, can you tell me what colours did you use?