My Fab Followers

Saturday 6 April 2013

Basic Grey Clean and Simple

Hhmmmmm - well, regular visitors will know that I don't do Clean and Simple! But that is our challenge theme this week at Basic Grey Challenges so this is my card!  I've used this fabulous image from Mo's Digital Pencil called Tia and Friend - click on the link to find it in Mo's store. The card was for my mum's birthday who used to breed Rotties amongst other dogs, so I thought she'd like it!

The thing I found difficult was being restrained with my papers and embellies so I'm not entirely sure that my card is CAS in the truest sense!  Still I have only  used one layer, one very simple flower, cut from wax paper with the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Die,  and one sentiment!


Of course, we have our regular sponsor, Simon Says Stamp, offering our regular awesome prize of a $25 voucher to spend in their online store to one lucky winner.



Please just remember to use a Basic Grey item in your project and let us  know what that item is!!

My fabbie BG teamies have fulfilled the brief far better than me this week, so check out their wonderful makes here.......and have a great weekend.

12 comments:

debby4000 said...

Hehe I saw this challenge and immediately thought of you but you've done an amazing job, your card is gorgeous.
luv
Debby

Janiel/ janny said...

oh Julie this is a stunning card dear!! I love the way you have done sac!! I bet you felt that the card was just not done yet. I always feel that way when I do sac. The color work is beautiful!!
hugs........

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Julie, I like the image and the flower with the bottle cap.
Kevin xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Julie. Such a lovely image and your colouring is wonderful. Your flower is so beautiful too.
I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend
hugs Sue xx

Daniele said...

fabbie colouring of the dog Julie, lovely DPs
hugs

Tammy said...

Love, love the adorable image, anything with dogs! Great restraint on the embellishments and still beautiful!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.your design is really beautiful and i love your colours and fab image :D

xx coops xx

Faye said...

Fab, fab, fab colouring Julie. And I love that big brown flower. Gorgeous touch. X

MIE(Mieko) said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! Love your coloring.
Mieko xx

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Julie, I love your design and the I love the Plumeria papers which is fabulous with you beautifully coloured sweet image.
hugs
Heather xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

For you this is defo CAS, Julie. And beautifully done too! Hugs, Lesley