My Fab Followers

Sunday 17 March 2013

Not a Christmas card!


Hello there and happy Sunday! I'm so sorry I've been a rubbish  blogger this week, tremendously busy at work with year end etc.  And in the evening, I've had loads of cards to make which hasn't left any time to visit anyone else :(  This week doesn't look a lot better either, I've got three cards to make this week, so I'm going to get cracking today. 
This card was made yesterday for my daughter's boyfriend whose birthday was also yesterday!  Don't think I've ever done that before - make a card on the day it was due!  Anyway the snowboarding theme is because they are off to France skiing in a few weeks, so our gift to him was some Euros popped inside the card.  I'd actually made a pocket inside the card to put the Euros in and forgot to take a pic of that bit!
The image is a freebie from Bird's cards which you can find here. Over the years I've often turned to her blog for something I was after and have not been disappointed yet!  Thanks so much for the freebie! 
I coloured the image with my Pro and Flexmarkers, tore some DCVW papers for myhills and the trees are a combo of Marianne and Dees Distinctly dies. The clouds are Memory Box and the sentiment is a Stampin up Die with a PTI sentiment.
Better get cracking now on those three cards!  I shall be glad when March is over, I have so many birthdays this month!! (Not me personally of course!)






7 comments:

Sue said...

This is fabulous Julie. I love the image and such a great layout.
Take care
Hugs Sue

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Julie I love the scene you have created.
Kevin xx

Jane said...

Cool card....get it....nah! (another tumbleweed moment ....) x

coops said...

love this julie.your design is fantastic and really stunning image :D

xx coops xx

Ella's Design said...

Fab wintery birthday card, Julie and quite apt for the weather at the moment! Love the way you have created a scene with the dps and fab colouring too! Hugs, Lisa x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.

Grenouille Greetings said...

Your photos are disappearing as I am trying to comment which is a bit spooky but I did manage a good look before they went! A perfect image for the occasion and a perfectly designed card, Julie. Love the torn paper hills! Hugs, Lesley