My Fab Followers

Saturday 30 March 2013

Janey's Digi Designs Icelandic Poppy Seed Head (20% off at the minute!!)

Hi there, busy week for me and haven't been in blogland much but today I've had a fabulous day with bestie Lesley, and  another great crafting buddy, Alex Kamann, and eventually got this card out from  where it's been lurking in my head for the last few weeks!  I've used this awesome, Icelandic Poppy Seed Head from Janey's Digi Designs, (who also has a fabulous 20% discount at the minute) and used the colours from one of my blouses for the colour palette inspiration! (Pic below).
I coloured the image with Copics for a change - I've gone over the lines in one or two places, the seed pods were so tiny but I don't think it matters 
As you can see, I also made my own background paper by making the image smaller and rotating it for variety.  The frame is a new Spellbinder one and I love how it frames this little beauty! 
The little tag and sentiment are from PTI and the other items are from stash!
Gonna catch up with my blogging now!  Enjoy the rest of your Easter weekend!!xxx


11 comments:

Jane said...

This is an amazing choice of colour julie and i love it!!!! Great idea with the background too. Gonna nick that idea xxxxx

Tammy said...

Wow Julie, absolutely incredible! Love the gorgeous color and the background is lovely! Fantastic card!

Chrissy said...

Gosh, this is gorgeous Julie, love the image and the background it beautiful..such a gorgeous colour..beautiful.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning Julie. I LOVE the colour and the way you have made the backing paper with the same image looks wonderful.
Wishing you a Happy Easter
Hugs Sue xx

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Julie. The colours are lovely - that blouse must be beautiful :) Love what you did to make the background too. Happy Easter. Elizabeth xx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Julie and love the colours.
luv
Debby

Grenouille Greetings said...

I saw this IRL and it's STUNNING! Love the miniaturised versions in the background and how you have darkened the background colour around the images. It does go beautifully with your blouse!!! I had a great time yesterday. Thank you for coming and for the Daffs! Happy Easter! Hugs, Lesley

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Julie, I like the image and the wonderful colours.
Kevin xx

coops said...

so stunning julie.beautiful flower and i love your colours and design ;D

xx coops xx

Daniele said...

what fabbie colour combo, must be a pretty blouse that inspired you
hugs and best wishes
hope you are having a lovly Easter weekend

Doreen said...

amazing image - wow, looks so great.
happy easter
Big hugs
Doreen xx