My Fab Followers

Thursday 2 February 2012

New Colour Create Challenge

Morning all and I'm back with a rather yummy challenge for you today with the new theme at Colour Create.  This has been chosen by our fabby Shanna - don't they look delicious.  So our colours for you are:
Dark Brown, Light Brown and either White or Cream with the optional extra of hearts.
 2 February - Challenge 89 - Shanna White or Cream, Light Brown, Dark Brown
The image I've used has to be one of my all time favourites from Sugar Nellie and she normally has three hearts hanging above her which I had to cut off to make her fit in my frame!  I liked them though and so used my Tim Holtz Tattered Tree die to make a branch to hang the three pearl hearts from!  Sadly I can't remember where I got the hearts from!!
More unknown papers from my longtime stash - nice to use  stuff that has been lurking for a while!
This fortnight's prize is a surprise candy which will be something gorgeous and yummy like the chocs in our pic!!  The lovely ladies that make up the Colour Create DT have truly made some awesome cards for this challenge, so take a peek here and get yourself inspired to play along with us!! 

13 comments:

Jane said...

AHoy! I just picked up some of those hearts in pink this week from Dunelm if you need somewhere to send people, think they had cream n' white ones too. As for your card, struggling to find a bit I don't like...let me just double check...er...hmmm...nah! You're OK...it's FAB (as per!!) xxx

Lou said...

Hi! Julie this is really gorgeous,love the rich colours and the hearts from the TH branch are just perfect.
hugs Lou.xxx

Daniele said...

wow what a delish looking card, mind you so is the inspirational pic......hmmmmm chocolate
hugs

Jayne A said...

Stunning card and love the delicious colours.

jayne
x

coops said...

gorgeous card julie.i love the scrummy colours and stunning image and design :D

xx coops xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Uber super! Why did an ABBA song just jump into my head? I love how you have used this image in the bottom of the framing and those heart danglies are brilliant. I thought you didn't like fiddly! It's great to see you bouncing back! Love Lesley

June Nelson said...

Julie this is amazing the xolours are fabulous love it darlin xxxx

Jules said...

Hi Julie

Wow!!!

Lots of lovely scrummy things to look at here.

Loving each and every layer and all your gorgeous embellishments.

Beautiful colour combo too.

Love Jules xx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Julie and such yummy colours. Sorry not been to visit for a while.
Clairexx

Shree's Blog said...

Wow this is really stunning

Donna said...

Totally gorge Julie and so elegant, I love the inspiration behind this card...I could do with a box of these right now to nosh on :) Donna ♥ x

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card Julie...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Mynn xx said...

I just LOVE this little sweet scene you've created! Those pearl hearts hanging from the tree are amazing--this looks straight out of a children's fairy tale book! Gorgeous!!!