My Fab Followers

Sunday 22 January 2012

Basic Grey Challenges - Favourite Things


I'm a day late with posting this but wanted to make sure the recipient received it yesterday.  It's for our next challenge at Basic Grey Challenges where we want you to use your favourite things, as well as a Basic Grey product - although they could well be one of your favourite crafting items, the papers are certainly mine!! 
I've made an easel card using Basic Grey papers - Out of Print, Little Black Dress and Basics White.  One of my all time fave things are Tim Holtz dies and this On The Edge Doily die is a new one that has quickly become a favourite!!  The image is a Krista Smith Digi at Saturated Canary - love, love, love all her images!!

On the bottom of the easel, I've used some cheesecloth, dyed with Cosmic Shimmer Mist in a lovely sparkly silver shade and added a bit of the cut -off round the bottom of the sentiment here.  And of course, some gorgeous flowers and gingham ribbon, sorted!! 
As always, our sponsor for this fortnight's challenge is the fabulous Simon Says Stamps and you could win an awesome $25 dollar spendette in their store!


 Simon Says Stamp $25 Credit Voucher
 Simon Says Stamp
Hope you can play along with us at Basic Grey Challenges over the next fortnight.  Pop over here to see the wonderful cards made by my fab BG teamies if you want some inspiration!!

I'm also entering my card into the current Saturated Canary Challenge which is to use your dies and punches.
Have a great Sunday!

19 comments:

Vicky said...

Absolutely gorgeous card sweetie I'm sure the recipient adored it & will treasure it shug. Love love love the image....

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Fleur said...

I love this Julie, She is coloured to perfetion and I love how you have Tim's doily die.
Hugz Fleur xxx

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning Julie!!!

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Julie. Love the image and the embellishments are stunning!
Clairexx

McCrafty's Cards said...

An absolutely beautiful card Julie, gorgeous image and fabulous design.
Kevin xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

As the happy recipient of this stunning card I can say that it looks even more beautiful in real life! I love how you chose an image that looks exactly like me right down to that beautiful flat tummy. Not bad for a 50 year old, eh! Thank you Julie! It's a BEAUTY and takes pride of place on the mantel. Even Tom said "WOW" when he saw it! Love Lesley

June Nelson said...

This is amazing me little darlin it looks like a real scene. Incredible xxxxxxxxxxxx

Vicky said...

Truly beautiful Julie...and loving your gorgeous layout too hun :o)

have a great evening...hugs Vicky xx

Loopylou. said...

oh wow this is incredible Julie, the whole card is just stunning.
Thank you for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog,
hugs Lou xxx

Daniele said...

such a wonderful card Julie, lots of lovely details
hugs

♥Gemma♥ said...

wow Julie...what a scrummy card & just love the colours you have used!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Faye said...

Julie, I want that bob and that outfit, when can you do me?! xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Julie.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so stunning julie.i really love your colours and the sc image is fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Louise said...

Brilliant card love how you have created a scene
Hugs louise xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pam said...

Lovely card hon, I love Kristas digi images have one coloured up ready for my next card. Hope you and the family are well, sorry I havent visited for a while its all been a bit up in the air here but hopefully on the mend after my op so going to try and catch up a bit more!!

Hugs Pam

Anonymous said...

You need to participate in a contest for among the finest blogs on the web. I'll advocate this web site!

Jennifer said...

Hiya Julie. This is stunning as always xx Jenny xx