My Fab Followers

Saturday 12 November 2011

Two Challenges and Two DT cards but could I have done One?

Yayyyy Saturday - it's been such a looooonnnngggg week!! And I expect the weekend will zoom by!  So slow at work and not enough hours in the evenings at the moment, so very, very sorry that I've not managed to pop round to see anyone and not sure it will get any better at the weekend. Today, I'm off to see my gorgeous girlfriends  (who I went to Italy with in May) and cannot believe that we've not managed a get together since May!!  Shocking, so looking forward to a day with them!!

Of course, first I need to show you two cards, one for Basic Grey Challenges, which has a Mix and Match theme, and one for CES Challenges, which is my choice, and that is Roses and Ribbons!! 

First up is my card for CES Challenges
I decided to go with this awesome Simply Sassy image from Sugar Nellie which I've christmassified with berries and snowflakes!!  Coloured with the brilliant new Flexmarkers and Promarkers, and layered up onto Echo Park Season's Greetings papers all to be found in Emma's store here.
I've added some Crystal Glamour Dust to the roses and berries to make them look frosty. The little white balls are from a huge bag of glittered styrofoam balls which I think are meant to look decorative in glass vases with flower displays!

You could win a £10 voucher to spend in Crafty Emma's online store if you join in the challenge this week, - hope to see you playing along!!

My next card is for the new Basic Grey challenge that starts today and runs for the next fortnight!  I could almost have used this for CES Challenges - it has the ribbon and a rosette!  I wanted to do something really girlie though for CES and I needed to make a card for Nick's Uncle so girlie wouldn't have done it!!

Here I 've used a mixture of BG Indie Bloom, Out of Print and Manilla 6x6 pads, and the rosette is made from a 12x12 sheet from the Sublime range. The stamp is a Paper Artsy stamp and I thought it was appropriate as the Uncle is one of 6 boys, with my MIL being the only girl. The orange button in the centre of the ribbon is actually a vintage one that my MIL gave me  and picks up the colours of the rosette perfectly!!


At Basic Grey challenges, we have our regular sponsor and that is Simon Says Stamps who are giving away a $25 dollar voucher to the lucky winner of the BG Challenge!!

Simon Says Stamp $25 Credit Voucher

Hope you can play along with one or both challenge and I shall look forward to visiting you and being inspired!!

23 comments:

Lisa Cornwall said...

Gorgeous cards. Both are brilliant. Love the roses and ribbon and glamour dust on the first and the Man one is so cool, fab image and great clock use. Love it. xx

Chrissie said...

I haven't managed to visit for a while Julie, so I've been having a little browse at your latest creations while I'm here.
You are so talented sweetie, I absolutely LOVE them.! It doesn't seem to matter what style you go for, you manage to pull it off perfectly, clever girl!
lol Chrissie xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both fab creations hun & both so different!
Have a fab weekend
Hugs Shell xx

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Wow soooo Gorgeous, lol
Shree xx

Fleur said...

2 very lovely cards Julie. Both great ~especially love the first one
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Jane said...

2 very different cards but luv 'em both xx

CraftyC said...

They are both gorgeous cards Julie, love cute but can never say no to a touch of vintage. have fun playing catchup with the girlfriends!
Clairexx

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Amazing cards, Julie. Love the Christmas flowers on the first one - totally gorgeous.
The Vintage guys are brilliant. That rosette is AWE-some!
Caroline xxx

Claire said...

I'm glad it's not just me thinking like that! Hope you have a fab day catching up with the girls. Two gorgeous cards hun, love them both. Hugs, Claire x

Donna said...

Stunning cards Julie and such amazing detail on both. I love the vintage card and the beautiful border around the image on your CES card...gorgeous work as always :) Donna x

Heather said...

All gorgeous cards Julie, I love the Simply Sassy image - such wonderful design and details with those stunning Echo Park papers.
Your designs for the BG are stunning, perfect male, the details are wondeful and just perfect for vintage, I love all the details and that image is awesome.
hugs
Heather xx

Sheena said...

Gorgeous cards Julie - love all those little flowers on the first one and I love the style of the second card too! Sheena xx

Vicky said...

Hi my sweetie these are both gorgeous I cant pick a fave as I love them both. The male card is awesome hun love the rosette & the charm in the centre I have some of those & I really should dig them out.
Enjoy your girly day hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

wowzers.. you couldn't get any more different lol.. love them both.. but CES card is my fave ... love that image xx

karen said...

Hi Julie, Oh I totally LOVE your sugar nellie card, such gorgeous colours, I need this stamp now, she is beautiful and always your colouring is awesome, love those cheeks, what colour is that? Your other card is totally fab but I just can't stop looking at the other one LOL! Enjoy your weekend, Karenx

Daniele said...

what a stunner Julie at least its the weekend now and you can put your feet up
hugs

Riet said...

So beautiful cards,I love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

fantastic cards julie.really love your amazing male card, just love the whole style and details and your sassy girl is so gorgeous, beautiful colouring and colour combo :D

xx coops xx

June Nelson said...

Two stunning cards I love Kristas images too xxx

Liz's creative corner said...

Two stunning creations Julie, love the flowers on the first and the detail on the mans card is fab, hope you had a lovely day with the girls, hugs Liz xx

Jennifer said...

Stunning work Julie. Love both, but the colours of the first one are gorgeous....right up my street. Fab challenge! xx Jenny xx

Lee said...

love that image she is cute,gorgeous colours n embellies.I ADORE that man's card,so unusual but Fantastic and brilliant embellies.xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Not only do I think I commented on this post already but I feel that I actually commented on it twice before! I distinctly remember writing how much I love the vintage image of your second card with the time pieces and just the rosette and button as colour accents. I also remember how I loved your first make and the fabulous colour combo and colouring. Hugs, Lesley