My Fab Followers

Saturday 19 November 2011

CES Challenges - Snowflakes - and another gorgeous Tilda!!

Hello everyone - I feel so glad the week is over! Had an horrendous day yesterday - lost my cool with Virgin Mobile - a new phone and they still couldn't get it to work after 3 weeks and umpteen phone calls - absolutely chronic customer service. Lost it with them in the office!!   It is now functioning but I think it's  technology is a bit wasted on me!Then in the evening, we had a team building session about body language and there was the prospect of role playing and acting, which I just do not do!! So after being fired up by Virgin, I was ready to lose my cool again and  refuse to play along!  Luckily, there was alcohol present and the role playing didn't materialise so I still have a job!

This is my DT card  for CES Challenges, and this week's theme, as chosen by our lovely Kaylou, is Snowflakes - very festive and great to be able to add another card to the Christmas pile!

Another new Tilda - I am so in love with the new and very recent collections!! I've coloured her with my Promarkers and Flexmarkers, and used some paper from the Authentique Journey collection.  These are all available from Crafty Emma's Store, along with the Cat's Life Press Sentiment, the Divine Twine, Charm and Acrylic gems.The snowflake border is an MS around the page set, and the bigger snowflakes are also made using an MS punch. 

I'm off to get cracking on the Chrismtas Shopping today - I've barely got any full weekends left in December so need to make a start!!  What is it, 6 weeks away?  Yikes!!

Hope you can play along with us at CES Challenges this week - there's a lovely £10 voucher up for grabs for one lucky entrant!  The girls at CES have done their usual magic and have some great cards to show you - check them out here!

I need to have a good catch up this weekend, with all my favourite blogs, so hope to pop by soon!! 


21 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful card, this is one of my favourite Tildas. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Chris said...

Hi Julie! A gorgeous card and I love your colouring and beautiful layout. I can't imagine you losing your cool over anything but I think those are the two things that would make me lose it :D. Hope the Christmas shopping goes well, I've yet to start EEK! Hugs, Chris xxx

Teresa said...

What a beauty! xx

Unknown said...

Oh Julie this is so beautiful.. I love the frosty blue... really lovely xx

Brandi said...

This is so sweet Julie! Love the colors and the sparkle! :)

Loreal Blondi said...

Fab card with ever so fine Tilda!
...and thank You for liking my card so much that it's with top 5! Thank You!

coops said...

so gorgeous julie.your icy colours are beautiful and i love the sweet tilda :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie I'm giggling my ass off at you losing it then your big sulk at work.....he hee hee........
Your card is simply gorgeous hun I'm being good & NOT buying any more Mags til I've inked at least half of what I have......I've put my foot doon with me firm hand......well firmish, ok maybe its a bit soft & squidgy.......oh eck I've not got a chance have I!!!!!
Hope you have a good weekend hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Donna said...

Gorgeous festive card Julie, the snowflake border is stunning and I love this gorgeous lil snowman :) Donna x

Daniele said...

super sweet lovin' all the sparkle
hugs

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Milliesmarvels said...

This is gorgeous Julie, I love all the fab details! Missing all the CES girlies :-( Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Jane
x

Lou said...

Hi!Julie this is really gorgeous,love the blues and your shading is perfect.Sounds like you needed a bit of retail therapy even though not for yourself-hope you had a lovely day :0)
hugs Lou.xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Julie! I love the blue colour theme!
Hugs Julie P

June Nelson said...

This is so gorgeous Julie, so crisp and icy lovthe colours, stunning card xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Absolutely gorgeous card hun...just love the colours & your beautifully coloured image!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Crikey - 3 weeks and your phone still isn't working properly - no wonder you lost your cool!
I am getting to grips with my new Blackberry - but it's a slow process...lol**
Beautiful card - Tilda is so gorgeous in blue.
Caroline xxx

karen said...

Julie this is stunning, amazing colouring, god to be able to colour like that (boo hoo) I will never make this this level, drives me mad!!!! Thanks so much for the colour tip for cheeks, going to try that on my next one!

LOl your bad day, thank god for alcohol!

have a better week, hugs, Karenxx

Louise said...

Beautiful card Julie and fab colouring, sorry to hear about your phone problems mine is internet problems and it is so frustrating
Hugs louise xx

Susie Sugar said...

Wow Julie I've never seen Tilda looking so good !!!
Your card is stunning
Hugs Susie xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Beautiful colour work. Love the sparkle and the pom poms and that pretty spotty paper. A lovely card, Julie! Hugs, Lesley