My Fab Followers

Tuesday 12 October 2010

Halloween Colours at PFP - My First Ever Halloween Card!



Hiya and welcome to our next challenge at Passion for Promarkers.  I don't normally do much for Halloween and as I say in the title, this is my first ever Halloween Card!  That's because the colours chosen for our challenge this week over on Passion for Promarkers are Black, Orange, Purple and/or Green with the optional extra of Halloween, as chosen by my lovely teamie, Andie.  We're being sponsored this week by The Craft Garden and up for grabs is a £10 voucher to spend with them.


Fabulous makes as ever by the rest of my teamies at PFP so take a peek and leave some love if you can, also check on the PFP Blog to see who won last week's challenge!

I  couldn't wait to use this image from Mo's Digitial which I purchased a few weeks ago  - the Wicked Witch  from the Wizard of Oz, one of my all time fave films.  The image also reminds me of Witchy Poo from HR Puff and Stuff which I watched as a child here in the UK- loved it!!

I was going to make a straightforward square card, but I saw that DU2DS had a challenge for shaped cards and this  stair step design is the result!

I don't have any Halloweeny sentiments but rather liked using this one from Krafting Kimmy - rather funny with Witchy flying around on her broomstick, looking for Lurrrvve don't you think!!

Now, I made this card with the colours from PFP in mind and the shaped card challenge from DU2DS.  So when I was looking through the challenges to see which ones I could enter my card for, I was horrified to discover that my colours mirrored almost exactly a make made by one of the DT members for Mo's Digital and posted a couple of challenges ago!!  I didn't "case" the make and actually hadn't seen it, but I would be mortified if people thought that I had blatently copied without giving credit!!  So, I've decided to put the link here so that you can see Lisa's fabulous altered CD case!  Her colouring is awesome and  you will see that I've used almost identical colours for her clothing!!  I do love the green  skin tone of Lisa's image and wish I'd done that!!  Go and take a  peek - it's  a fantastic blog!
There are actually quite a few challenges that my card fits this week, so here they are!

DU2DS - Shaped Card - Edited!!  It's an old challenge and finished!!
Create4Fun - Digi Stamp
Totally Gorjuss - Anything but a Square card
Baby Bud Designs - Halloween
Fussy & Fancy - Halloween
Paper Romance - Halloween
Stamp Insanity - Trick or Treat
Simon Says - Halloween
Fab n Funky - Digi Image
Penny's Paper Crafting- Circles
Bee Crafty - Halloween
Digi Doodle Shops Best - Use the colour Orange
DP2 Challenges - Colours from the Rainbow - Purple and Orange

That'll do - I need to go to work!!

34 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love Halloween (nothing to do with it being my bday lol!!!) so this is a winner!! fabby image and I love the leaves xx

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is a fabulous card! I love the shape of it and the image is wonderful! I really like that sentiment too - inspired!

Vicky said...

Hi Teamie....right I'm def gonna do 1 of these step-cardy-type-thingy's you know what I mean lol. This is an absolute stunner hun, its gorgeous I love everything about it. The fact its your 1st shows how blooming clever you are......no I'm not jealous....altho you could copy the colour of my face right now for your next witch lmao. Hope you are ok hun, dont work too hard.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

Cards By MI said...

It's a totally amazing card you have done! Totally rocks! Wonderful piece of art.
xMarie

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

This is wonderful, and as for you using the same colours, it just goes to show that great minds think alike :D
Thanks for joining in with our Trick It or Treat It challenge at SISCo, hope to see you again :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riet.x

skylife said...

OK - that one is AWESOME. And really really makes me lough - about the love thing ;-) It's like a real witch in the sky with that moon behind. So cool!!! And the coloring if perfect!

Thanks for sharing with us at DDSB

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Julie, great job with Mo's witch and fab halloween colours.
luv
Debby

Andrea C said...

Well I must say this is pretty impressive for someone who is experienced in making halloween cards, this is brilliant work x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so awesome hun. Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Good Kardma by Jules said...

WOW! I love this card! Your coloring is gorgeous and I love that you made a scene by making it a stair step card. Thanks for joining us at StampInsanity!

coops said...

wow!!!!awesome card julie.the witch is fantastic and stunning colouring,love the shape and fabulous details, love it :D

xx coops xx

Unknown said...

Great card love the image thanks for playing at StampinSanity hope to see you soon
Luv Jane xxx

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Julie. Love the image & beautifully coloured. I love your deep card!
Clairexx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Julie ,,, I love this witch ,,, she is fab and the stepped card is perfect fab dimension ,,,:-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Tracy said...

Oh wow Julie! This card is just awesome! I love the layered scene you have created and your coloring is just fantastic! Ah memories--most people probably don't know what HR Puff and Stuff was, but I was a fan too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!

Kathleen said...

it's a great card Jules!
I have to say i don't get the whole 'make a card for hallowe'en' thing - but then i hate hallowe'en in its entirety!! i just see it as demanding sweets with menaces!!! i hibernate for the night if i can't go out (usually go for a meal and pictures just so i don't have to answer the door every 5 seconds!! Bah humbug!!)

anyway, love the card all the same!!!

Kathleen Mc xxx

Dawn B. said...

Wow what a card.. I love all the detail you have here.. I think it is perfect for this witch.. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Julie. Love the image you've used and the sentiment made me LOL. Hugs Michele x

Elaine L. said...

What a great step card! I love the border punch and all the wonderful details. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

andrea said...

fab image,gorgeous colours and detail,lovely card thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
andrea

Julie said...

Wow Julie, this is stunning!

Unknown said...

Wow!! I just love it!! What a FAB card! Your coloring is so beautiful. All the ebelishment is great! My favorite card so far this week!

Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodles Shop`s Best!

Tine

Unknown said...

I tried leaving you a comment this morning and blogger wouldnt let me error 503 he can be such a pain sometimes, your card is fantastic love that witch and your colours are fab.
Chris x

Anonymous said...

Wow this is just amazing.The colours really leap out at you and your colouring is wonderful.Love the sentiment!Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Jóna said...

Super great card ! Love the sentence :o) Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best this week. Welcome again!!
Hugs, Jóna

Beth said...

This is fantastic!!! I'd say you have the Halloween card down perfectly! :) Thank you so much for sharing your "treat" with us at StampInsanity this week!

Mary Anne said...

What a beautifully designed card,, love everthing about it. colors, image and the 3D is amazing!!
thanks for joing our 1st challenge at babybuddesigns
Mary Anne
babybuddesigns

craftyb said...

Hi Julie how are you? It's your first halloween card? Well it was worth the wait - it's fabulous! Mo's images are quite something and you've coloured this beautifully! Love the style of card...love all the leaves and the cat - so many awesome details just make it so special Julie! bx

Kim said...

Oh my goodness Julie this is absolutely FANTASTIC! I love your stair step card! Utterly adorable!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Chelsea said...

Ok this image is amazing and the card is super cute! Thanks for joining the Fussy and Fancy girls for this challenge. Stop back soon!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Great structural design for this card, Julie. I love the "wrought iron fence". Fab colouring and brilliant sentiment. I have bought rather a lot of Halloween stash but by the time I am able to use it, I suspect it will be too late for this year! Can't find those photo corners you wanted anywhere though - not even on the website. Sorry. But did manage to pick up some other things. Christmas is coming.... Looking forward to seeing you soon. Love Lesley

Sharon said...

Hi Julie, this look fabulous! Love all the detail ~ such a great Halloween Card.

Sharon x

gina g said...

Hi Jules hun this is gorgeous i love the image and the shape is fab, i've never made a Halloween card before either so i'm glad i'm not the only one lol. luv gina xx