My Fab Followers

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Passion For Promarkers Winter Blues


Don't worry it's not me feeling blue but our theme over on Passion for Promarkers this week! The challenge has been set by my gorgeous teamie Anja - Winterblue Christmas.

Our sponsor this week is the Secret Crafter and you could win a £10 voucher to spend with them!

 
 I showed some ink to this gorgeous Sweet Pea image for the first time and it's my first Christmas card of the year!!  Only another hundred odd to go!!  She's not an obviously Christmassy image but she does have holly in her hair and berry earrings!! And I know my girlies and nieces will love this style of Crimbo card.  I used my Promarkers to colour her and my papers are from a wonderful 12x12 K&Co pad that I bought last year. I embossed the white paper frame with an Inkadinkoo snowflake flourish - you can hardly see it but I know it's there!  The sentiment stamp and frame is Stampin Up and the other bits from stash. 

The sketch was a delightfully simple one to use from Friday Sketchers leaving you to bling it up as much or as little as you wanted!!  I'm entering it in there, A Spoon Full of Sugar whose theme is Christmas in August, and Totally Gorjuss who have  Aqua as their theme.  I did use my Aqua coloured promarker and as she's a Mermaid, she is obviously celebrating Christmas under the sea!!
Don't forget to hop on over to PFP later to see the winners from last week's challenge. Do check out the cards too, from my fabbie teamies - they are awesome.  See you through the week to view your cards for the challenge - thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Louise said...

Totally love this, my fav colour and you have coloured it beautifully.
Louise xx

Andria said...

Ooooh this is beautiful, I really love how it all comes together and the blues are sooo striking.

Laura (Faerielore) said...

STUNNING !!!! this is such a beautiful card darling, your colouring skills are so awesome and that paper is soooo pretty xxxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Julie, fab colours and adorable image.
luv
debby

Lizzy said...

stunning card Julie, luv the colours & those papers are just soooo lush :) xx Lizzy xx :)

Michele Roos said...

Such a beautiful card Julie. Gorgeous colouring of the image and love the papers also. Hugs Michele x

gina g said...

Hi hunny this is stunning and i love the papers. luv gina xx

Scrappelise said...

fabolous coloring! I don`t think the blue colours are the easiest, so I`ll try this one and learn somer more!

CraftyC said...

Stunning car Julie. I love your beautifully coloured image, gorgeous papers and pretty embellishments!
Clairexx

Dena said...

Julie! How striking and dramatic!!!!!! She is so beautifully colored!!! You really are awesome with those markers!!!!
Hugs, Dena

coops said...

wow this is stunning julie.the image has such fantastic details and your colouring has really bought her to life.
beautiful blue colours and love the snowlake:D

xx coops xx

Stampin'Piper said...

Lovely card!

Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Janet said...

Just stunning Julie! x

Angela said...

Julie, she is gorgeous!! I love that you used blues to color her such a wintery Christmas card!! GORGEOUS!!
Hugs:)
Angela

Squirrel x said...

Gorgeous card and a lovely use of the aqua theme. Thanks so much for playing along at TG this week. Hugs, Sxx

XxJULESxX said...

stunning card Julie!!!!love the colours!!!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Clearly a Twilight Zone moment (na-de-na-ne, na-de-na-ne) because I KNOW I ooohed and aaaahd over this card when I saw it but my comment has been vapourised! Stunning colour work. Gorgeous papers and perfect embellishments! LOVE IT! Love you! Lesley x