My Fab Followers

Saturday 14 January 2017

Mixed Media Birthday Card


It was our lovely Em's 22nd birthday this week and I always try and do something a bit arty for her, her being an artist an all!  So I used this image from a Prima Finnebair set which I thought she would like.  Once stamped, I glossy accented the image and when the gel was dry, I put it into the freezer overnight. This hardened it up nicely so that I could then crack it to get this fab cracked glass effect below - I love this technique!
Before sticking my image down I added some texture using structure paste and various dies and masks.
For the bricks below, I used a Marianne die called Card with a View , which is a window with brick edging - Catalogue no CR1389. The flourishes are also Marianne - Anja's Vintage Swirls - LR0279
This corner detail was made using an Andy Skinner template.

I frantaged the Make Art cut outs and Frame with Aged Marine, and added some copper pearl drops for added detail

Still can't shake feeling sick and dizzy. spent most of yesterday on the couch!
Enjoy your weekend
Hugs, Juliexx

No comments: