My Fab Followers

Monday 10 August 2015

A rejected 50th!!



I love this slightly bemused looking image from Mo's Digital Pencil - he's called Introducing Oskar and can be found here in Mo's store.  I thought he would be perfect for a 50th birthday card for my BIL - Happy Birthday Alex - but my husband decided it wasn't quite good enough for his little Bro! How very rude!!  So I told him to make one himself then but he couldn't use any of my stash!!  
The papers are My Mind's Eye  and the sentiments are from Stampin Up and Lili of the Valley.
Oh and the Fab 50s die arrived very fortuitously on the day I was making my card from the Ellison online sale.
Let me know if you think I was right to take umbrage at my OH's rejection!!
Hugs, Juliexx

8 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I think it's fab Julie. Love that image and your colouring of that image is perfect. I too would have been annoyed if this lovely creation had been rejected. How did your husbands card turn out by the way? :)
Lorraine

Jane said...

Fab card but divorce the old man...lol x

Aileen said...

Bloody oath You were. Let's see him explain to his brother why he has a crappy shop bought one. I tell you, there are times they have no idea. Your card is brilliant.

Sue said...

Love your image and card Julie. Nowt wrong with it!
xx

Mrs A. said...

You most certainly were and I hope he is still very much in the dog house. Hugs Mrs A.

coops said...

stunning male card julie.the image is fantastic and i love your papers and design and fabulous colouring ;D

xx coops xx

Marilyn said...

This is a gorgeous card and how did hub's card compare to this? hahahha.... you were right not to let him use your stash but even if he had, I cannot imagine it turning out better than this.
Smokin' good colouring, perfect guy papers and I like the mix of sentiments. Yep, it's a great card!

Jacee said...

Fabulous 'man' card Julie
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design