My Fab Followers

Monday 11 November 2013

This is what 10 kilos of paper looks like!


Hi there - well we got back from San Francisco yesterday having had a fabulous holiday, and I'll put some pics up soon.  But I know all you crafters out there will want to  see my bargain buys from Michaels, Joanns and others!  The above is all the paper pads I bought - we weighed them up and it was over 10kgs but they were just so cheap, especially as Halloween had just finished - the large pads with the blue stickers at the back were 4 dollars from 20, the Crate paper towards the front was 5 dollars and the rest, maximum were about 9 dollars with reductions and coupons!  The 6x6 pads were no more than 4 dollars and the halloween one at the front was a dollar - now how could I leave them!  Still came within our  weight limit too!  (Some eagle-eyed amongst you might also spot some Ghiradelli chocolate up there!)
I've included all my Christmas dec purchases here, and you might see that I have a fetish for bottle brush trees this year ( I'm pinning them like mad on Pinterest) so I bought the large one at the back with baubles on and loads from Michaels for craft projects if I ever get round to them.   
This Martha Stewart letter mould was about 8 dollars so around £5 - half the cost of them over here in the UK. The stamp sets below were on special for 6 dollars and the Sissix dies were around 8 or 9 dollars. 


I promise to put  up some pictures of our holiday soon, once I get over the jet lag and back into the swing of things at work - it's only be just over a  week off but it feels like an age.  I will just leave you with a pic of our great niece, Isabella, who we stayed with (along with her mum and dad of course).  She was a little treasure and I would have popped her in my luggage and brought her home with me if I could have, such a little sweetie!





7 comments:

Sammy said...

Not that I'm jealous or anything, but I've just turned a shade of green the Hulk would be proud of! lol. I wants to go to the US and get 10 kilos of paper too! lol.

Seriously though, that's an impressive haul. Even more impressive is that you managed to get it all home again! x

Daniele said...

that is one serious haul of stash, and such bargains, we are hoping to go to America next year better get saving
hugs xx

heidy said...

Wow Debby what an awesome stuff!
Glad your home safetely!!
And what a little cutie your nice is!
XXX Heidy

coops said...

fantastic haul of goodies julie.i can`t wait to see what you make :D

xx coops xx

kay said...

Wow,what a lot of bargains x

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That's a spectacular haul ... I suspect your luggage was empty on the way out ... how else did you make room for it all :)) Elizabeth xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Typical!!! I go to the States twice a year usually and bring home stash bargains too but never have I bought those 12x12s for $4 or less! How do you do that, girlfriend? You can spot a bargain at 20 paces (which is why I always follow closely behind you when we go to craft fairs). Glad you had a great time. I shall catch up on your blog soon... promise!! Love, Lesley