My Fab Followers

Saturday 10 March 2012

CES Challenges - Charms!

Well Saturday at last and my first post for a week!  Where time goes I just don't know - I must be getting old!
This is for our new challenge at CES Challenges where our fabulous Carrie has chosen a theme of Charms.  I've used a gorgeous new image from Mos Digital Pencil called Singin in the Rain- she is such a cutie and just looks so happy puddle jumping!! 
I've coloured her with Pro and Flexmarkers and then added some glossy accents to her rainmac, wellies and umbrella.  I love little red plastic macs on - so old fashioned! 
Absolutely loving the new MME Miss Caroline papers which I purchased from Crafty Emma's recently.  This set is Howdy Doody, so pretty. Also used from Emma's store, are the wooden buttons (love the flower patterned ones!),  umbrella charm, Bakers twine and Craftwork Card sentiment

My clouds were cut with a Memory Box die and the rainbow with a Quickutz die that I've had for about 6 years! The overall shape of the card was cut with Nesties dies.
The girls at CES have got some gorgeous cards to share with you - you can see them here.  And of course, if you do play along with us you could win a lovely £10 voucher to spend in Crafty Emma's Store!.

I've got nothing planned for today so hope to just have a crafty day - better go and get dressed first though!!  Have yourselves a great day, whatever you're up to!

18 comments:

Laura said...

awww this card is gorgeous darling, love the colours and the papers are so pretty xxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous creation hun, love the glossy accents they look fab!

Have a great weekend
hugs shell xx

Jacqui P said...

Gorgeous card Julie!! I love her little plastic mac and wellies!!
Hugs
JAcqui x

Sandi said...

a happy card for sure, I am drawn to the wonderful colors you used. hugs

Pauline said...

Beautiful! Love this shaped card, and the sweet image, the glossy accents are used to great effect!

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Julie, and lovin the glossy rainmac to. Have fun in your craftroom today!
Clairexx

Unknown said...

This is just gorgeous Julie, love the shine on her coat, umbrella and boots!1 Hugs ,Frea

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Julie! I love the shaped easel design and of course, I love Mo's little cutie! Fantastic coloring and details!

Jayne A said...

Fantastic card. I love the shape and the glossy accents really make the image pop.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Grenouille Greetings said...

GORGEOUS wet look apparel! Super sweet card! Hugs, Lesley

Vicky said...

Simply stunning hun....and loving your layout and colours too :o)

have a lovely evening...big hugs Vicky xx

Claire said...

fabulous easel card hun, love the shape, great image and use of colour - love it. Hugs, Claire x

Daniele said...

What a brill card Julie love the shiny, umbrella, boots and mac
have a lovely weekend
hugs

coops said...

stunning card julie.fab sweet image and shape and i love your colours and gorgeous effect with the gloss :D

xx coops xx

karen said...

Julie I adore this card, a brilliant design and your colouring is superb, I got this image today, she is so gorgeous! hugs, Karenxx

June Nelson said...

Julie this is just beautiful and I love how you have made her look wet, brilliant xxxxxxxxxx

Alex said...

Hmmm, I don't know what happened here, I know I left a comment for this card when I first saw it but now it's gone?
Aw, well, I say it again, it's no less true today ;-) Your card is gorgeous! Love how you made the coat and umbrella look wet and the layout is super sweet!
Lots of love, Alex

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card hun image is fabulous & I love the shape.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx