My Fab Followers

Saturday 7 January 2012

CES and Basic Grey Challenges Double!

Hello there and hoorah it's the weekend!! I'm off for a bit of shopping this morning and the rest of the weekend will hopefully be free for crafting!!
I've managed a double today for our new fortnightly Challenges at both Basic Grey and CES Challenges. At BG the theme is to use Something New and we have an Anything Goes theme at CES Challenges.
No colouring today - the card is for my daughter's 17th next week and so have gone for something a bit more arty for her.  I've stamped the image (from set 49 by Cherry Pie Art Stamps) with Rosebud Mememto Ink and then inked all my edges with Vintage Photo and Victorian Velvet Distress Inks!!
My new items for the Basic Grey challenge are the chipboard flourish and corner. I've coloured them with Picket Fence Acrylic Dabber with a bit of Denim to tie in with my papers.

 I've made this flower with vintage seam binding and then added the sparkly centre for a bit of bling! This is from Emma's Crafty On-Line Store along with the Basic Grey Lauderdale papers (sold out now but she has some other fab packs in stock!).  The Websters Trim (blue lace under ribbon), acrylic flat back gems and smaller rose bud flowers are also from Emma's.

I used a Fiskars Corner and Border punch for the rose trellis border - one of my most fave ever punches and so easy to use!!

Over at Basic Grey we have our fabulous regular sponsor, Simon Says Stamps, staying with us for another year - yayhh!!  They are giving a super generous $25 voucher to the lucky winner of our challenge for this fortnight!!

Simon Says Stamp

At CES Challenges Emma is offering a fab £10 voucher to spend in her on-line store and she has a great sale going on at the minute!!
Well I hope the above are enough to tempt you into playing along with us this fortnight - if you'd like some more inspiration, check our the wonderful makes from my brill teamies - Basic Grey here and CES here,!

Enjoy your Saturday!!

17 comments:

Faye said...

Is there any style you can't turn your hand to? I'm loving that super rolled flower too. Enjoy shopping. Shopping for fun, not food, right? xxx

Sheena said...

Happy New Year Julie! Gorgeous card - love the feel of it! Sheena xx

Jane said...

WOAH! You're gonna have to send me the instructions for that gorgeous flower...it looks fairly 'flatish' (tell me if it's not) to get in an envelope rather than having to make a box.
An Embellie-heaven card...love it and so will your daughter I'm sure xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just stunning hun, it just all fits together perfectly!
Have a great weekend
hugs shell xx

Donna said...

Stunning card Julie and such amazing attention to detail, I love your hot pink flower with its gorgeous glittery centre, absolutely beautiful hun :) Donna ♥ x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Julie.

Hugs Riet.xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

wow Julie..its absolutely amazing hun!!
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Daniele said...

what a wonderful card, lots of lovely details
hugs

Fleur said...

Stunning! the detail is awesome
HUGZ Fleur xXx

June Nelson said...

Wow lovely lady, this is decadent, it must have taken you forever!! those ribbon roses are perfect. Love this and all the detail huggies and love June xxxx

coops said...

wow this is fantastic julie.love the image and colours and your flowers and details are so stunning :D

xx coops xx

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is gorgeous Julie, I am sure your daughter will adore it and treasure it forever. I adore all your stunning details.

Happy New Year !

Hugs,

Jo x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Perfectly artsy and beautifully layered! A gem of a card for a gem of a young lady! Give her some love from me! Hugs, Lesley

Vicky said...

Fabulous card sweetie love the image & the colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sue said...

Hi hun
wow gorgeous card, beautiful detail,gorgeous card, sue,x

Anonymous said...

Wow,It look really stylist and different.This pink flower look really great.I really enjoy this blog.

soldes

Anonymous said...

I love this card so much that I actually decided to get it tattooed above my naval today! LOL! Really inspiring Joolie,so it inspired me to do something a little crazy.

Much love, Happy birthday to your bubby!

xx