My Fab Followers

Sunday 11 December 2011

It's a double although a very late double!!!

I'm rather late with posting this DT card for the new challenges at both Basic Grey and CES Challenges.  I did some Xmas shopping this morning and then met up with my M&S girlies for a christmas lunch - felt quite destressed, thanks girls!!  Tonight we decorated our tree and watched a film so I'm just getting round to blogging this! 
At Basic Grey we have a lovely Anything Goes theme which will run until after Christmas and at CES Challenges the theme is Traditional Christmas- think I stretched this a bit but they are traditional frosty snowman colours!!
Have you been keeping up with this year's 12 Tags of Christmas from Tim Holtz?  I have and just love all the amazing work and technique he puts into each and every one!  I haven't time to make them but my card was a little inspired by his fabulous makes.  I've used his Snowman die and then embossed it with a snow effect folder with another one behind in Kraft to give it a bit of shadow.  The paper is Basic Grey Out of Print purchased from Crafty Emma's Online Store. Other ingredients purchased from Emma's are the card blank, Webster's mesh fabric and tinsel, Cat's Life Press sentiment, Card Candy and acrylic gem.The snowflake is from the Tim Holtz die with a new Cheery Lyn die underneath. 
If you play along with us at CES Challenges you could win a £10 spendette at Crafty Emma's Online store.
Over at Basic Grey Challenges we have our regular sponsor, Simon Says Stamps, with a $25 voucher up for grabs!

Simon Says Stamp $25 Credit Voucher
Off to bed now - can feel a sore throat coming on, grrrhh!!  Tomorrow, it's a final bit of christmassyfying and hopefully some crafting!!  Thanks for popping in, it's so manic at this time of year  - I'm calling it Stressmas!!

10 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous winter card, Julie! Love the frosty colors and all the wonderful details!

Christina said...

This is absolutely stunning Julie!!
Hugs Kristel

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riet.xx

coops said...

stunning card julie.love the fab snowman and gorgeous blue and kraft combo :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

This is gorgeous sweetie love the santie die-cut hun & I sooooo love the colours.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Jennifer said...

Oooh love this Julie! Gorgeous details xx Jenny xx

June Nelson said...

This is gorgeous I love how youhave real snow!!! well it looks like it xxxxx

Faye said...

Oooh this is rather stylish and elegant innit?! xxx

Sarah-Jane said...

Stunning Christmas card, I love it!
Sarah-Jane xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

I loved this when I saw it the first time but I was so behind that I didn't comment when I saw it. Very clever to offset the images like a shadow. Gorgeous! Hugs, Lesley