My Fab Followers

Saturday 26 November 2011

Basic Grey Lost and Found Challenge


Morning everyone, hope you're looking forward to your Saturday.  I'm off to do some Christmas shopping shortly - bet it's going to be manic! 
I should have two cards to show you today, this one for Basic Grey , but also should have shown you one for CES Challenges but just ran out of time to make one - sorry girls!

Anyway, this is for Basic Grey Challenges and this fortnight our theme is LOST AND FOUND - we want to see you use something found around the house!  Now, my fellow teamies at BG have really been inventive and used some fabulous household items but I've gone more down the recycling route!
I received a Lis Earle beauty catalogue a few weeks ago and the cover was this beautiful christmas tree card, so rather than look at all the goodies inside the catalogue, I removed the cover and put it in my Christmas storage!  The turquoise star at the top was on some candles that I purchased a long, long time ago.

Of course it is a Basic Grey Challenge and I have used Nordic Holiday 6x6 papers (which you can barely see!) and also Lauderdale papers which are a little more apparent ( the dotty papers). 
The image is by the wonderful Mo Manning which you can find here, coloured using PMs and FMs.  The silver snowflakes are from M&S from their Christmas gift wrapping range this year.  There's a few Christmas tree die cuts on there too, the front one I heat embossed with and then added some tiny seed beads with some Viva Liquid Pearl.  I then finished it all off with loads os Snow Cap Dabber round the edges.


As always on BG, our fabulous sponsor is Simon Says Stamps with a $25 voucher going to one lucky entrant in the challenge!

Simon Says Stamp $25 Credit Voucher

Well that's it from me today but don't forget to check out the gorgeous makes by my teamies at Basic Grey Challenges ( and my lovely maties at CES Challenges for this week's challenge here!)


14 comments:

Chris said...

Gorgeous Julie and I love your recycling element, the papers too, so pretty! Hope the shopping goes well, I still haven't started, yikes!! Hugs, Chris xxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the snowman. Colour is luuuuuush!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Julie, love the colours. Have fun shopping!
Clairexx

Faye said...

What a clever and beautiful card. Love your recycling and the image is fab too. Hope the Christmas shopping went well. xxx

Daniele said...

what a stunner Julie
hugs

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Julie, hope you enjoyed your shopping, can't believe we're so near myself lol, love your card hun, fab tree and colours, hugs Liz xx

coops said...

stunning card julie.great recycling and i love the snowman and your gorgeous colours :D

xx coops xx

June Nelson said...

Gorgeous Julie and I love how you have made it look so icy its beautiful xx

Christina said...

That is a really gorgeous card Julie!
Hugs Kristel

Heather said...

Hi Julie, this is absolutely adorable, your design, your details and you image is stunning and so awesome due to all your creativity!!!

hugs
xxHeatherxx

Gretha said...

This is an adorable card Julie.
Hugs Gretha

MIE(Mieko) said...

Gorgeous card! I love the image and colours. Hugs Mieko xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Loving this beautifully blue theme with the sweet snowman! Hugs, Lesley