My Fab Followers

Thursday 19 May 2011

Our next challenge at Colour Create - No 71

Ok, just where are the weeks going!!  It'll be Christmas before we know it at this rate, and I'm not ready!!  I'm working in a constant mess in my little craft room as I just don't have time to clear it up  - it's very much push it back and pile it up at the minute! 
Back to Colour Create and this is the picture as chosen by our lovely Sylvia, Great room - but who's been sleeping in my bed?
19 May - Challenge 71 - Sylvia
Looks like it was Mama Bear judging by my card as I've used this fabulous Teddy Bea digi image.  It's just reminded me of when my Holly was little and used to sing the Three Bear rapping song at primary school - ahhh, time  goes by too fast!!
Anyhoo, the colours are Brown, Cream and White with one other colour. As always we have an optional extra for you - buttons and flowers for this challenge.
As you can see, I've gone with pink as my extra colour, and used lots of buttons and flowers.  The little crochet flowers were an NEC purchase and the other petals were from Crafty Emma's.  My Magnolia Doily lace die has been lost to me forever, sob, so I punched a strip of white paper with  a Martha Stewart Doily lace punch and edged the image with this.  I also repeated this with one of the flowers to make a lacy petal which looks quite sweet.  The leaves are a Crealie Die which I got from Joanna Sheen,  Oh and I think the papers were Basic Grey but my desk is to much of a mess to be sure!!!
My super-talented teamies  at Colour Create have got some wonderful makes and cards to share with you so pop on over. This is a fabulous neutral colour combo too, and with the addition of one colour of your choice, I'm sure we going to see some fabulous entries into the challenge.  We've got a great sponsor too -  High Hopes Rubber Stamps with a fab prize of the stamps below!!

As always, I'm struggling with commenting - please say I can give up work!!.  Still it does pay for this addiction even if it doesn't get the commenting done!  Take care and I hope to catch up with you soon.

21 comments:

Louise said...

Totally gorgeous and so love that teddy and yummy flowers.
Louise xx

Daniele said...

that is stunning Julie, I'm so lovin' these bears lots of yummy details
hugs

Vicky said...

Hi my sweetie well your desk maybe a mess shug but your card certainly isnt....WOW...this is sooooo beautiful I'm trying catch up with commenting cus I'm so behind & instead I've been stuck here 5 mins just staring at your card lol....love the colour scheme & dont get me started on Teddy Bea I'll be here all blooming day lol.
My craft room sounds the same mess as your desk but with decoration I'm findin time hard to grab lol......
Take care shug. Oh & your colouring on this bear is fantastic sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Julie these colours are gorgeous, your desk sounds like mine at the minute.
Chris x

Sue said...

Stunning card Julie,loving your image.Fab papers and colouring.Dont worry about comments,just make beautiful cards.
Sue xx

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Julie what a gorgeous card!!! love it!

Anonymous said...

Ha, if she's been sleeping in your bed, it will be nice and warm for you now, won't it!! lol
Lovely card!! Very sweet!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Dena said...

Stunning Julie! I totally adore this little image and the pretty touches you put on it! Great work!!!
Hugs, Dena

heidy said...

Wow Beautiful card Julie!
Hugs Heidy

coops said...

stunning card julie.the colours are really beautiful and i love the sweet image and fabby details.
my craft area is always a mess :D. if i tidy it i can`t find anything.lol :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Julie,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

A wonderful card Julie. Love the crochet flowers and the leaves are gorgeous. That image is too cute!!! Beautigul mix of colours.
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Di said...

Hi Julie i love this and your colours are so spot on !! just gorgeous!
commenting is hard isnt it, i struggle too i have had to give up some Dt as i can make the card but cant spend time commenting.
Anyhow take care
hugs Di xxx

Sharon said...

Oh this is so beautiful Julie! I love your crochet flowers and those cute buttons :)

Sharon x

Grenouille Greetings said...

Oooooh - she is soooooo adorable! Gorgeous colours, beautiful flowers, superb colourwork. PEEEEERRRRRRFECT! Hugs, Lesley

Kerry Steger said...

Lovely card Julie! That shade of pink that you have added is gorgeous!!!

Sylvia said...

What a amazing card Julie:-)
Teddy is just so cute and your colouring is fantastic!!
Have a nice weekend.
Sylvia.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

So pretty - I love the lace border and those crochet blooms are beautiful.
Caroline xxx

Donna said...

This is so pretty Julie, I love the little crocheted flowers and button embellies...your attention to detail is amazing :) Donna x

Lee said...

STUNNING.xxx

Kathleen said...

one of my fave colour combos!
love it.
kathleen mc xx