My Fab Followers

Saturday 19 February 2011

Exciting News which means two DT Cards today - CES and Basic Grey!!

Yes indeedy - I have been whooping with joy for the last couple of weeks but very quietly, and can now whoop whoop  very loudly on here as I can tell you how very, very thrilled I am to have been picked to be on the Basic Grey Design team!  Which also means that this is my very first double DT post for both Basic Grey and CES challenges! So, without further ado, my first card is for Basic Grey and my second for CES!!

BASIC GREY CHALLENGE 38 AND A SKETCH

Yes, for my first DT card for Basic Grey, Heather, (whose work, by the way, I have been a huge fan of for years, even before I started blogging!) has given us a wonderful sketch to use, so with that and using Basic Grey products, this has been a fab introduction to the team!!

 For my card, I used this gorgeous digi image from Crafts and Me, used Basic Grey Capella papers for all the layering, added a few perty flowers and embellies and here she is!

The girls over on Basic Grey have made some truly awesome cards following Heather's sketch and using a whole variety of BG papers and products - so hop on over to feast your eyes and also to say hello to the other lovely newbies who are sharing their Basic Grey makes with you for the first time this week!

CES CHALLENGES  -SPOTS AND STRIPES

We're going all spotty and stripey at Crafty Emma's this week, although I think my card would have been just as right for last week's Cute and Cuddly theme!!  So many cute cards and so many cuddly images, there were - don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog to see who won the great prize and who made top three!

This week, you could win this super Sugar and Spice paper pack - yum!!
The spotty and stripey theme has been chosen by my fabbie teamie, Jane, and I think it's about time I showed you my card!!
I've used Wild Rose Studio Polka Dot and Memory Box Rhubarb Tart papers for my card, along with Card Candi and Tim Holtz adage tickets all of which are available at Crafty Emma's on line store which is currently bursting at the seams with gorgeousness!!


I also used the lovely monkey image which was a freebie over at Dustin Pike ( I cut off the balloon he was floating on!) and was so perfect for what I had in mind!  The card is for my daughter's boyfriend's 16th and may look a bit childish but it 's because we paying for him to Go Ape as his birthday present!!  The grass I cut with fringing scissors by Martha Stewart and the leaf vine was also made with a MS punch. Oh, and the branch is a Marianne Creatable die.

Well, thank you so much if you've managed to make it this far - I really appreciate you spending the time!! Oh and hello to a couple of new followers too - that's really lovely of you!! 

Enjoy your Saturday!!

25 comments:

Milliesmarvels said...

Congrats on your new DT post your Basic Grey card is stunning and I love the cheeky Monkey on your CES card.
Jane
x

Larisa said...

wow! She is so wonderful))) I am mad about the first card! LOve this design!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic news Julie your cards are gorgeous esp the BG I love there papers
Chris x

Debs said...

congratulations honey..well deserved!!..and two gorgeous cards..

hugs
Debs x

Sue said...

Hi hun
congratulations on ya new DT post, two gorgeous cards, awesome colouring,beautiful papers & embelies on ya girlie, luv the cute monkey design, sue,x

Tara said...

Welcome to the BG team Julie, your card is stunning and you are a fab addition to our family! Your CES card is brilliant too, very creative and lots of fun!!
Hugs Tara xx

Fleur said...

Stunning cards Julie. Love them both
Hugz fleur xxx

Heather said...

Hi Julie, thank you for the lovely compliment - I'm blushing - NO I'm not - I just struggled to my head get through the door to put the kettle on!!!
Love your beautiful card, the Crafts and Me digital images are so gorgeous and your colouring of this one fabulous, especially teamed with wonderful Capella papers.
So happy to have you with us at BG.
hugs
Heather xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Hey Julie so good to have you join the BG DT I have been a long time stalker of your blog and love your gorgeous creations! I absolutely love your gorgeous BG Challenges card that you made this week! WOWZERS! It is really gorgeous! The image is so beautiful and your colouring is breathtaking..she looks like your beautiful girls there in the pic on your sidebar! Welcome to the team, hun!
Big Hugs,t

Vicky said...

Wow! well done hun and you go girl lol! fab cards as always and such gorgeous colouring :o)

hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

big congrats on your new dt spot julie :D
love both your cards, fantastic images :D

xx coops xx

The Crafty Den said...

Stunning cards Julie and many congrats on your new DT post at Basic Grey - it is so well deserved. Hugs, Denise x

Jo Nevill said...

There you go, showing off your grand nesties again !!! I'm hoping to show some grand nesties off of my own soon 'cause I'm hoping to take pity on a lonely GC at the NEC !!

Absolutely gorgeous card Julie, just love the papers you have used and your gorgeous image.

Welcome to BG Challenges !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Lou said...

Hi!Julie it is so lovely to see you with us at BG,your card is just gorgeous and amazing colouring!!
Very pretty card with the papers/flowers and shape.hugs Lou.xx

kaylou said...

Gorgeous Hun, that monkey is so cheeky...love him.
Hugs Kaylou xx

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness girl!! Just pure gorgeous on the first card!! LOVE your details and design and of course your colors!! TFS! HUGS

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Julie, love your creations hun, but your BG one is gorgeous, love the image and your gorgeous colouring, hope you've had a nice weekend, hugs Liz xx

Dena said...

Great cards Julie! I love how you colored the hair in the first one, very beautiful!!!! Congrats on you new DT position! I am so happy for you! Well deserved!!!
Hugs, Dena

MIE(Mieko) said...

Gorgeous card!
I'm so happy to be on the BG team with you,too.
Hugs Mieko

Giò said...

Hi Julie dear!!! First of all..... WELCOME aboard lady!!! I'm really happy for your new DT position!!!! the card are both fabulous, but the first one is my favorite!!! WOW I love the image and how you colored it!!!
Thanks for visiting me today sweetie!
Hugs, Giò

Donna said...

Fabulous cards Julie, love the colouring on your first card and the monkey card is adorable...spots and stripes are one of my all time favs :) Donna x

Di said...

Hi Julie
thankyou soooooo much for such a stunning card you have sent me i just love it and it has pride of place on my fireplace!!!
It was really thoughful of you and i will treasure it.
BIg Big Hugs Di xxxxx
p.s these two cards are waesome but i love the pink one.

maxine said...

Hi Julie great cards hugs maxine x

Alex said...

Wow, Julie, two stunners in one post! And well done to getting on the BG design team, you deserve it!!
Can I bathe in your reflected glory when we meet then? :-)
Love, Alex

Grenouille Greetings said...

You arn't monkeying around with your cards in this post. Your "Go Ape" card is such fun and perfect for C and as for your BG card - it's gorgeous. Stunning hair colouring, Julie. Great shape and beautiful flowers and bow! Love Lesley