My Fab Followers

Sunday 16 January 2011

More sassiness!!


Oh don't you just hate Sunday evenings with the thought of another week of work looming.  I had the most wonderful Saturday too, full of craftiness from start to finish!  I spent the day with oldest best matey, Lesley, and fabby crafty matey, Alex!  We met Alex at the new Glitter Pot shop in Burgess Hill, and then went back to Alex's for a brilliant day of crafting!  Loved it, thanks Alex, for being such a great hostess, and thank you both for your great company! 

This is the card I made, whilst there, with my other new Simply Sassy set from Sugar Nellie - Romantic Dreamer and Lost in Thought!  I decided to use them together, for an engagment card needed for a family member.  I think it looks like he's just about to propose, and she's hoping wistfully that he does!!

I used Alex's Copics for my colouring here, and they require  a slightly different technique to Promarkers - what do you think?   The paper is Basic Grey Indian Summer which I won as candy from the oh so inspiring Maddy - you must see her blog here, if you don't know it already!

The sentiment frame is from Waltzing Mouse cut with Nesties labels five, sentiment was courtesy of Alex, and the flowers are Wild Orchid buys. 

I followed the sketch over in The Sugar Bowl so will be popping it into their challenge.

Need some cheering up before work so going to do a bit of hopping now. Thanks for paying me a visit!!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Julie, this is really adorable hun!! I love your coloring and fabulous take on the layout!! Wonderful job!!HUGS

XxJULESxX said...

Hi Julie wow gorgeous card! love your colouring it's fab!!
wish i lived near the Glitterpot! saying that though i would always be in there spending!!!! lol!

JB said...

Hi Julie ,

fabulous card love it !!!
Good luck with the challenge .

Regards Jenny

Rach said...

A flabby card Hun, perfect for an engagement xxxx

Andrea C said...

love the sentiment great card x

lis-m said...

Hi Julie..your Sassy girls are gorgeous hun, i just purchased some myself.. can't wait to play with them ..but work does tend to get in the way of your craft time doesn't it ?
hugs xx

gina g said...

Hi yer darling this is gorgeous and your colouring is fabulous. luv gina xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Gorgeous card hunni and i just love those images which are beautifully coloured :o)
hugs and xxx

Patty Sue 2 said...

If only we didn't need money! Love your Sassy card and the imgages do go well together! Great job on the coloring also!

Daniele said...

great sassy card, love the colours
hugs

Louise said...

Love the little scene you have set and gorgeous colours too.
Hugs Louise xx

Dena said...

Julie! Your are such a romantic!!! hahah! "He is just about to propose"! Cute!
Love the sweet card and I am laughing at you now using 3 of those stamps hahha! I really love how you used the nestie. How did you outline it? Love that look!
hugs, Dena

Laura (Faerielore) said...

gorgeous card hun, although like you mentioned in your last post, that these images didnt win you over first of all, i must admit they freak me out a little hahahahaha

Carole of Brum said...

Jooly!!! So glad you found me in blogland, now I can keep my beady eye on you, ha ha. Smashing card, great colour scheme and I like how the colours are picked up in the image. Just look forward to next weekend, and try to forget you are back at work. CoB

Grenouille Greetings said...

Who are you calling old? !!!
Beautiful card Julie. Of course it looked lovely (especially your colouring) IRL but that was before all the delicious embellishments were added. Perfect! Love Lesley

Alex said...

Hello Julie,
I saw you create this beauty and it is so inspiring to see you work! Love what you've done with all your embellies.I just can't pull that look of myself but admire yours all the more for it *lol* Thanks for coming to play, it was so nice to see you and Lesley again and I just wish we could do it more often.
Your colouring is as great as aways!
Lots of love,
Alex

Amy Georgina said...

Julie! I have been meaning to follow your blog for a while and I'm so glad I did!! Thank you so much for the card!! It's been gracing our Tv table since it arrived and remarkably it's the only one Scatlett doesn't play with, she must appreciate good craft skills! Thank you!