My Fab Followers

Thursday 2 December 2010

My Snow Day Scrooge!

Wow, two posts in one day -  can't remember the last time I managed that!  But actually couldn't get into work today - snowed in, so I spent the day making this card for the OH for Christmas!! (Coloured another image too but that's all I managed!)  Another awesome new Mo Manning digi image - couldn't wait to get my mitts on her new Scrooge range!! Got a Tiny Tim and Bob Cratchett, another Scrooge and the ghost of Bob Marley - watch this space!!
 
I knew I'd get lots of use out of this sentiment set and it just seems so perfect with the look on Scrooge's face and his miserly temperament - can't you just see him writing his Christmas list for Santa!!  I've used the sketch over on Sketch and Stash which I think I've managed to follow!  I've actually torn a page out of an old, falling-to-pieces book that I bought especially for card making - not Dickens though - but husband is a librarian and a Scrooge - LOL!!  The papers are Basic Grey Jovial and I've used various punches and dies.  The post stamps are ones that I've had an age and just knew they would come in useful!!  The tree is from a Christmas set by Anna Griffin  that I bought a few years ago too!
 
Hope you're not having too many problems with all the snow - keep safe and warm!

13 comments:

Sue said...

fabulous card,great image and so beautifully put together...love it:)

Thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Sharon said...

What fabulous colouring Julie :)
Such a great image and wonderful card!

Sharon x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card Julie, fab image and details.
luv
Debby

Grenouille Greetings said...

Scrooge doesn't look like Nick (but give Nick time!). He (Scrooge that is) is, however, coloured fabulously and I love all your extra bits and pieces and those sentiment stamps! Fab, Julie! Love Lesley

coops said...

fantastic card julie.the image is brilliant and i love the fab sentiment and layout :D

xx coops xx

Mina said...

wow Julie you have coloured Scrooge stunningly...amazing work as always
Mina xxx

Vicky said...

Hi hun wow I absolutely love this card...its now 1 of my faves. I luuurrrvvve these images from Mo's I brought them all last week for a project I'm working on....if I ever get it finished lol. Love you colouring its amazing hun.. Take care.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Pam said...

This is fab Julie. Hugs Pam x

Anonymous said...

OOOH GAWSH!!! I love love love that image!! I just posted on the Whimsy Inspirations blog about this movie and how I love it!! :) Gorgeous coloring Julie....such an amazing layout!! WOW!

Debs said...

love it..and the sentiments are perfect :0)
hugs
Debs x

Katarina said...

FAB card. So funny I just had to comment.

XxJULESxX said...

wow Julie how fab is this? and your colouring is awesome!!!!!

Julie said...

What a fab image and a great card too.