My Fab Followers

Thursday 16 December 2010

Colour Create No 60 - Plum and White

Hello there - it's time for our next challenge on Colour Create and this time it's my turn to set the challenge.  Firstly though, big round of applause to you for all the wonderful cards entered into our last challenge.  Don't forget to check on the Colour Create Blog for the winning entries.

We've another fab sponsor this week  -  One Stop Card Crafts - with a fab voucher up for grabs as the prize.

Here's my picture for this fortnight's challenge:16 December - Challenge 60 - Julie - Plum and White
Your colours are Plum and White with the optional extra of a frame.

Luckily for me, I'd chosen the picture a while ago and it meant that I could combine my challenge card with a card  I needed to make for this weekend!! I don't know about you but I'm running on empty at the moment, so much to do so little time!!  I'd left my DT card to the last minute and did the same for a wedding card for my niece.  Luckily, she is a huge purple fan, so I was able to use the colours for her wedding card!

She's getting married at Hampton Court, so I think there will be quite a mediaeval theme running through the day, and I'd bought this image an age ago from Third Coast Rubber Stamps with her wedding card in mind.








I followed the sketch over on Friday Sketchers, always a goodie, with lots of embellies and punching!  A couple of detail pictures below.
Late for work now  but it's Christmas Lunch and Secret Santa day so hopefully not a lot of work going on!!  I'm so sorry for not getting round to see all my blogging buddies at the moment, hopefully normal service can be resumed very soon!!! 

11 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, what a perfect image for a wedding at Hampton court.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

wow fantastic colouring love all the details, stunning
Chris x

Anonymous said...

WOW! Gorgeous card sweetie!! The colors look amazing and all the details of embellies are stunning!! TFS! HUGS

coops said...

wow what a fantastic card julie.the image is stunning and i love the gorgeous plum and white colours.your details are beautiful :D

xx coops xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Wow Julie, this is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure it is right up Charolotte's street too! Love all the pins and bling and flowers. It is such a lovely out-of-the-ordinary wedding card! Beautiful! Love Lesley x

Di said...

Stunning card Julie and what a keep sake! wow fancy getting married at Hampton court isnt that just fabulous! what an event that will be and your card is just so beautiful for the occasion! they will love it!
Hugs Di xxxx

Sharon said...

Great colour choice Julie! This is a stunning wedding card - I love all your gorgeous embellishments :)

Sharon x

Liz's creative corner said...

Hi Julie, just popping by to say love your card hun, great image and details, your flowers and pins look gorgeous,have a lovely weekend hun, hugs Lizxx

Dena said...

Julie! Hey girl! Your card is so pretty! The coloring is just fabulous on your image and I love your color choice! Great one!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Wiccababe said...

Hi Julie
firstly thanks for the lovely comment, and Merry Xmas to you and yours too.
secondly, wow! look at all the detail on that card, stunning
Debz
xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Hey sis im home !!!!! LOVE this card babe, the colours are gorgeous and all the details are stunning, theres some piccies from my india and nepal adventure on my blog if you fancy a nose xxxx