My Fab Followers

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Another Crimbo card for Sweet Stampin


This is a Christmas card with a Penny Black Stamp that I bought at the NEC last month. Lots of the ideas I've used were from a sample card that they had on the stall, which I fell in love with, so I'm not taking credit for any originality!!  This includes the 'block printed' background paper which was one of the ideas from the sample card. 
And as Sweet Stampin's theme this week is make your own background paper I'm entering it into their current challenge! I made the paper by cutting a diamond from some cut'n'dry and just stamped it roughly. I then added a border of glitter with stickles. The image itself was very simply done by using Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and stamping it up! I then masked out the flame with a circle and sponged the edges with more distress ink to get the halo effect for the flame's glow. Lots of stickle on the candle and that was that! Easy peasy!

The ribbon accross the middle is some I bought a couple of years ago from Ikea and the snow flakes, which I've glittered up a bit, were cut with a MS punch and that was it! 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Wauw beautiful card, I love the blue colour you used!
Ageeth xx

CraftyC said...

Its gorgeous Julie and I love the rich colours. Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin Challenge this week. Keep warm!
Clairexx

Andrea said...

Wow! Your card is stunning. I love the image, the colour and layout, and the background you've created looks fab!
Love, Andrea xx

Anonymous said...

Oh so gorgeous!! I love the blue tones and your creative layout for this candle!! Awesome job!!HUGS

coops said...

stunning card julie.i love the deep blue colours and fab traditional image :D

xx coops xx

Riet said...

What a wonderful card

Hugs Riet.x

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is fab, Julie. Your background worked a treat and I love the candle glow! Oh and thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin of course! Love Lesley

Jules said...

Hi Julie

A brilliant make.

Love that candle stamp very much and how you have used it. You say "easy peasy" but you have done some wonderful things here and made a fantastic finished card. Love it!

Love the sapphires on your snowflakes too.

You could enter this into the Penny Black at Allsorts Challenge if you wanted to. You can find them at

http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

Love Jules xx

XxJULESxX said...

wow stunning card!!!

Lindsey said...

Oh wow! You have put so much effort into this and it shows as this is stunning! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week x