My Fab Followers

Thursday, 18 November 2010

Colour Create Challenge 58 - another Christmas card for the box!


Yep, still making Christmas cards - just as well that the colours chosen by the wonderful, Janiel for our Colour Create challenge this fortnight is perfect for Xmas cards - Robin Egg Blue, Sea Foam Green and Cream and here's your photo inspiration:
18 November - Challenge 58 - Robin Egg Blue, Sea Foam Green, Cream - Janiel
Janny has also given us the optional extra of Winter which I think my card reflects!
More stunning Webster's pages used for my card (purchased from Crafty Emmas Store) -this piece really does lend to the feel of the KK girlie skating on a frozen lake don't you think?  This is one of my favourite Krafting Kimmie images that I bought right at the beginning of the range coming out and I still love her! Lots of glitter and stickles and voila!

Our sponsor for this week's challenge is Bunny Zoe's Crafts, who stock the Kimmie images as well as lots of other fabulous goodies.

Nearly forgot to say- the sketch is a fab one by Lena Katrine at Sketchy Colours so I'm entering my card into that challenge, as well as the following:

Simon Says - Sparkle
PollyCraft - Glittery Christmas
Wild Orchid - Blue Christmas
Crafty Calendar - Winter
The Crafty Pad - Christmas Sparkle
Paper Sundaes - Punches, Ribbon, Embossing, Blue - use at least two - I have all except the embossing!

So hope you can join us for our latest challenge and up your card count for Christmas into the bargain.  Don't forget to check the rest of the DT cards here - which are as stunning as ever, and also to find out the lucky winner of our last challenge.

23 comments:

lis-m said...

Wow! this is gorgeous ! I love blue wintery/xmas cards . Fab coluring Julie !
hugs xx

Crafty Chris said...

Hi Julie this is gorgeous love the tag you have put her on and the colours are fab wouldnt mind that bedroom either.
Chris x

Dena said...

Julie, this is really great work! I the papers, the icicles, the coloring, the banner. Oh I can tell you put so much into this! Very pretty!!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Liz's creative corner said...

Julie, wow hun this is stunning, love the image and it does go so well with the paper,love your bow too, hugs Liz xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Julie,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Vicky said...

WOW....this is sooo beautiful hun I love the image & you know how much I love Websters Pages I do hope you stroked them a lot lol. Sorry I've not popped over here bin a bit poorly so I'm on playing catch up now lol. Why is it a few days off seems like a few weeks in blogland, I seem to have missed loads!!

Lotsa huggles Vicky xxx

coops said...

stunning card julie.love the kraftin kimmie image and gorgeous papers and colours :D

xx coops xx

Di said...

Hi Julie hun
what a fabulous card you have got the colours just right and the image colouring is just beautiful!
Hugs Di xxxx

CraftyC said...

This is a gorgeous card Julie. I love the colours on this and she is beautiful. Hope you are well!
Clairex

Andria said...

Gorgeous gorgeous card, the papers work so well with your beautifully coloured image :) .

Grenouille Greetings said...

How lovely is this! That wasn't a question! Love Janiel's colour choice and love how you have interpreted it. Fab use of your papers and divine colourwork. I recognise some of your latest purchases in the punch department and I really like how you have bowed out your sentiment. Fabulous, Julie. Just Fabulous! Lotsalove Lesley

Mandy said...

Julie your card is absolutely gorgeous, love the Websters Pages and they are perfect for that cute image.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Crystal said...

Wow, this is fabulous! I love all the sparkle & the great banner you made for the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

*Vicki* said...

Julie, this is just gorgeous hun!! I love your take on the colors in the inspirational photo and the sparkle is so fun on your card!! Hope you have a great weekend!!HUGS

Debbie said...

Very pretty card and great colouring - love the winter feel. ;)
Thanks for sharing with us at The crafty pad this week. ;)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

Ellen said...

Very lovely card in beautiful colors, and image!:) thank you so much for playing with us in Sketchy colors, and good luck!:)
hugs, Ellen

Rica said...

Hi Julie, sorry I haven't been around much lately but I'm back!!
GOrgeous card, love the cute KK image and how you've created a scene with the swan lake ('scuse the pun) papers at the bottom, stunning detailing.
hugs Heather xx

Mina said...

wow Julie I love how you used this weeks colours...stunning gorgeous bright card
Mina xxx

Sally Atkins said...

What a beautiful card, it really combines those colours in a gorgeous way. The Krafting Kimmie image is perfect for the 'joy' sentiment, I love her expression! x

Renkata said...

Such a stunning card. Love the colours combo.

crafty amy said...

What a cute card and I love that green ribbon it really makes everything pop :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Kathy said...

WOW Julie this is just beautiful!! I love your mix of things!! The image is darling and your details and borders are fabulous!
:)Kathy

Christine said...

What an absolutely stunning card. I just love all of the sparkle and your choice of stamp. Love also how you created the illusion of her skating on a ice pond. Just gorgeous coloring and card design. Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine